UIU ALERT: Friday, Oct. 19 - The UIU Fort Hood course location is closed until Monday. Students requiring assistance should phone the Fort Sill Center 580-595-9338.
Nursing, RN-BSN Major
Upper Iowa’s RN-BSN program assists you, the registered nurse, in developing the skills you need to be successful in a rapidly changing environment of health care delivery. In addition, the RN-BSN program is designed to prepare you for advancement to leadership positions and/or graduate education.
At the end of the program each student will:
- Integrate theoretical knowledge and evidence-based practice in a collaborative health care delivery environment.
- Demonstrate leadership and teamwork to improve outcomes in a selected health care setting.
- Manage technology and resources to communicate, support, and provide quality care within the health care continuum.
- Develop practices of life-long learning through seeking knowledge and assimilating professional standards, ethical principles, and legal accountability in nursing practice.
- Demonstrate personal accomplishment of the RN-BSN program goals and outcomes in an electronic porfolio. Students retain access to the portfolio for future professional development documentation.
Flexibility to fit your life
Upper Iowa University’s RN-BSN program has been designed by experienced health care educators to be flexible enough to fit any lifestyle and any schedule.
Students are able to choose between a hybrid model (classroom and online) or an all online model
HYBRID option provides the perfect mix of on-campus and online learning. The hybrid track meets for a three-hour traditional class just four times during each eight-week term (approximately 75% online). Hybrid courses offer the best of both learning environments.
Hybrid learning offers the benefits of on-campus learning including:
- In-person, social interaction
- Immediate feedback
- Hands-on learning
- Scheduled meetings
Plus, the benefits of online learning including:
- Reduction in scheduled, on-campus meetings
- Less travel time and related costs
- Flexibility and convenience in scheduling your time for class work
- Time to reflect before responding to discussions and other course activities
ONLINE courses are delivered entirely over the internet, although some courses may have special attendance requirements. Online courses are NOT SELF-PACED; there are deadlines for assignments just as in other course formats.
Online courses provide:
- Flexibility and convenience for student participation
- Deadlines for course work and assignments
- Travel time and cost savings
- Time to reflect before responding to discussions and other class activities
Online courses are a good fit for learners who are:
- Able to effectively manage their time
- Technologically savvy
- Able to work through barriers independently
Enroll full-time or part-time
- Full-time: Take two classes at a time and finish the nursing courses in just one year
- Part-time: Take one class at a time and finish the nursing courses in 20 months
Job Outlook (2012-22)
- Registered Nurses*
- Job Outlook: 19% increase
- Wages: The median annual salary for registered nurses was $65,470 in 2012, or $31.48 per hour.
- View similar occupations.
*Taken from the Bureau of Labor Statistics
Nursing, RN-BSN is offered at the following Upper Iowa University locations:
- Select education centers
- Online Program