Choosing a minor field of study is optional. A minimum of 15 semester hours of separate identifiable semester credits must be earned for each minor that is declared. The same course may not be used in a major and a minor or among multiple minors unless the course is a required course (not part of a “select” area) in both the major and the minor or among multiple minors.
- COMM 105 Public Speaking (3 credits)
- COMM 107 Human Communication (3 credits)
- COMM 200 Interpersonal Communication (3 credits)
- COMM 203 Communication Theory (3 credits)
- COMM 221 Intercultural Communication (3 credits)
- COMM 352 Rhetoric and Public Culture (3 credits)
- COMM 415 Communication Ethics (3 credits)
Plus One of the Following (3 credits):
- COMM 305 Organizational Communication
- COMM 307 Business and Professional Communication
- COMM 326 New and Experimental Media
- THE 240 Oral Interpretation
- THE 260 Storytelling
Explore Your Program
See course descriptions for your minor.
Keep up with registration deadlines, session dates, holiday breaks and exam schedules.
Learn about the resources available in Career Development.
UIU Locations for Minor in Communication Studies
We’re ready to help you every step of the way.
Academic Support Services
Providing resources to support you through your classes.