Choosing a minor field of study is optional. A minimum of 15 semester hours of separate identifiable semester credits must be earned for each minor that is declared. The same course may not be used in a major and a minor or among multiple minors unless the course is a required course (not part of a “select” area) in both the major and the minor or among multiple minors.
- CJ 224 Introduction to Criminal Justice (3 credits)
- CJ 237 Criminal Law (3 credits)
- CJ 299 Special Project (3 credits)
- CJ 367 Ethics in Criminal Justice (3 credits)
Plus One of the Following (3 credits):
- SOC 220 Social Problems
- SOC 240 Diversity in the Unites States
- Two courses from any Criminal Justice or Sociology courses 300 level or higher (6 credits)
Ready For More?
Request more info now.
Request Information Today
Explore Your Program
See course descriptions for your minor.
Keep up with registration deadlines, session dates, holiday breaks and exam schedules.
Learn about the resources available in Career Development.
UIU Locations for Minor in Criminal Justice
We’re ready to help you every step of the way.
Academic Support Services
Providing resources to support you through your classes.