UIU ALERT: Thursday, April 26 - Fort Sill Center office is closed due to the graduation recognition ceremony. The Fort Sill Center office will reopen tomorrow for normal business hours.
Human Resources Management Major
Why study Human Resources Management?
Whether you are seeking careers in private or public companies, the UIU School of Business major in Human Resources Management provides:
- A curriculum recognized by the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Understanding of staffing and employee relations
- Competency in benefit management
- Ethical responsibilities in strategy and resource planning
Employment of human resources managers is projected to grow 13.2% from 2012 – 2022 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).
The UIU program provides an integrated curriculum in human resources management including:
- Strategic management
- Personnel selection and evaluation
- Labor relations and negotiation
- Organizational behavior
Obtaining a degree in Human Resources Management at UIU prepares you for a career in:
- Human resources manager
- Compensation and benefits manager
- Training and development
- Labor relation specialist
Job outlook (2012-22)
- Human Resources Managers*
- Job outlook: 13% increase
- Wages: The median annual salary for human resources manager was $99,720 in 2012, or $47.94 per hour.
- View similar occupations
*Taken from the Bureau of Labor Statistics
Human Resources Management is offered at the following Upper Iowa University locations:
- Residential Fayette campus
- Select education centers
- Online Program
- Self-Paced Degree Program
- Select international centers