Why study Accounting?
Whether you are seeking careers in private or public companies, the UIU School of
Business major in accounting provides:
- Preparation for the CPA exam
- Competency in preparation and analysis of financial statements
- Knowledge of taxation requirements
- Understanding of public and non-profit accounting
Employment in the accounting field is projected to grow 13.1% from 2012 – 2022 (U.S.
Bureau of Labor Statistics).
Obtaining an accounting degree at UIU prepares you for a career in:
- Budget Analysis
- Corporate Accounting
- CPA Preparation
The UIU program provides an integrated curriculum in accounting including:
- Financial Accounting
- Federal Taxation
- Managerial Cost Accounting
Job outlook (2012-22)
- Accountants and Auditors*
- Job outlook: 13% increase
- Wages: The median annual salary for an accountant was $63,550 in 2012, or $30.55 per
- View similar occupations.
*Taken from the Bureau of Labor Statistics
Accounting is offered at the following Upper Iowa University locations:
- Residential Fayette campus
- Select education centers
- Online Program
- Self-Paced Degree Program