UIU ALERT: Monday, October 14: DeRidder, Fort Leavenworth, Fort Polk, Fort Riley and Fort Sill offices are closed today. Fort Polk and DeRidder evening courses will meet. Fort Leavenworth, Fort Riley and Fort Sill evening classes are canceled. Students may call the Baton Rouge Center for assistance at 225-923-2331.
Why study Accounting?
Whether you are seeking careers in private or public companies, the UIU School of Business major in accounting provides:
- Preparation for the CPA exam
- Competency in preparation and analysis of financial statements
- Knowledge of taxation requirements
- Understanding of public and non-profit accounting
Employment in the accounting field is projected to grow 13.1% from 2012 – 2022 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).
Obtaining an accounting degree at UIU prepares you for a career in:
- Budget Analysis
- Corporate Accounting
- CPA Preparation
The UIU program provides an integrated curriculum in accounting including:
- Financial Accounting
- Federal Taxation
- Managerial Cost Accounting
Job outlook (2012-22)
- Accountants and Auditors*
- Job outlook: 13% increase
- Wages: The median annual salary for an accountant was $63,550 in 2012, or $30.55 per hour.
- View similar occupations.
*Taken from the Bureau of Labor Statistics
Accounting is offered at the following Upper Iowa University locations:
- Residential Fayette campus
- Select education centers
- Online Program