Why study Marketing?
Whether you are seeking careers in private or public companies, the UIU School of Business major in Marketing provides the skills to:
- Organize, lead and plan
- Conduct an analytical approach to marketing research
- Lead and communicate effectively
- Create and promote products and services
Employment of marketing managers is expected to grow 12.7% and sales managers to grow at 8.3% from 2012 – 2022 (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics).
The UIU program provides an integrated curriculum in marketing including:
- Consumer behavior
- Marketing communication
Obtaining a marketing degree at UIU prepares you for careers in:
- Advertising and promotion
- Marketing research analytics
Job outlook (2012-22)
- Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers*
- Job outlook: 12% increase
- Wages: The median annual salary for Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers was $115,750 in 2012, or $55.65 per hour.
- View similar occupations
*Taken from the Bureau of Labor Statistics
Marketing is offered at the following Upper Iowa University locations:
- Residential Fayette campus
- Select education centers
- Online Program
- Select international centers