Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts Major
Why study Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts?
This 48-credit-hour major is designed for students with varied interests, who want a bachelor's degree but who also want their educational experience to be wider rather than deep. This major is also suited for transfer students bringing a large number of credits to UIU.
- Students will understand the relationship between an area of interest and its historical context and development.
- Students will use critical and creative thinking strategies to approach problems posed within an area of interest.
- Students will understand artistic and literary traditions both in their historical contexts and across cultures.
- Students will understand political processes and their historical contexts.
- Students will be able to construct, organize and deliver a message, and adapt it to an identified audience and situation.
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts is offered at the following Upper Iowa University locations:
- Residential Fayette campus
- Select education centers
- Online Program