Psychology - Associate of Arts
The Associate of Arts in Psychology is based on standards set by the American Psychological
Association and includes course work in the following areas: learning and cognition,
individual differences, Biological Basis of Behavior, and Developmental Changes in
Individuals who complete 2-year degree programs in psychology often transfer into
bachelor's degree programs. Graduates might also find employment in entry-level jobs
related to human resources.
To receive an associate of arts degree, a candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 60 semester credits. (UIU courses numbered below 100 will not
count toward the 60 credits)
- Meet the general education requirements.
- Achieve a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.00.
- Complete a minimum of 15 semester credits from Upper Iowa University. 5. Complete
12 of the last 15 semester credits required for graduation from Upper Iowa University.
Associate of Arts degree in Psychology is offered at the following Upper Iowa University
- Online Program
- Self-Paced Degree Program