UIU ALERT: Friday, Jan. 24 - The Fort Leavenworth Center will not open until 9 a.m. due to inclement weather.
Fort Hood Course Location
Mark Your Calendars for the Upcoming Session!
Session 3: March 16, 2020
Whether it’s for the first time or you’re returning to college decades later, Upper Iowa University will coordinate with your military obligations to fit a quality higher education into your busy life.
Our Fort Hood course location welcomes not only soldiers but also Department of Defense (DoD) civilians, federal contractors, as well as dependents (spouses and children) to our classes.
- You can transfer a combination of military training/education, and college credits for a maximum of 90 credits towards a Bachelor’s degree. A minimum of 30 credits MUST be completed at UIU either online or at a location.
- You take classes based on what best fits YOUR schedule: classes can be taken online, at Fort Hood, through distance learning and interchanged as necessary.
- You can take an average of 2 courses to keep you on schedule and get you to graduation sooner.
- Six convenient start date throughout the year with 8-week classes and an accelerated 6-week summer session.
- We accept the Montgomery GI Bill®, all Veteran Chapters, and we are committed to helping you attain your degree.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Here is the list of degree programs on post.
- BS - Business Administration
- BS - Psychology
- BS - Public Administration
- BS - Social Sciences
- BSN - RN - BSN
- MBA - Master of Business Administration
- MPA - Master of Public Administration
You can get information on any of the following majors from UIU-Fort Hood. Please note that not all UIU programs are offered face-to-face on post. Additional majors and degree programs can be accessed online or though the Upper Iowa self-paced program. Many students blend their degree plan, by taking some face-to-face courses and some online courses. Check with your Academic Advisor for more details about any of these programs.
Associate of Arts Degree
- Business Administration
- Communication Studies
- Conservation Management (Fayette, Cedar Rapids)
- Criminal Justice
- Emergency and Disaster Management
- Financial Management
- Graphic Design
- Health Services Administration
- Human Resources Management
- Human Services
- Human Services - Social Worker Training Certificate (Wisconsin Centers)
- Information Systems (Fayette, Online)
- Information Technology (Fayette, Online)
- Liberal Arts
- Nursing, RN-BSN (Cedar Rapids, Des Moines, Mesa, Mary Greeley Medical Center (Ames, IA), Online)
- Public Administration
- Social Science
- Software Engineering (Fayette, Online)
- Teacher Education Program (Fayette, Des Moines, Quad Cities, Waterloo)
Additional Graduate Education Courses
Post Graduate Certificates
UIU also offers degrees on the Fayette campus, and through the online and self-paced programs. Not all degrees offered at all locations or through all programs.
Apply today or contact us for more information:
Stop by our office at:
The Soldier Support Center
Building 33009, Rm G259
Fort Hood, TX 76544
Phone: 1-800-553-4150, ext 3801 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org