Study online at your own pace with personalized, one-on-one interactions with instructors.
With Upper Iowa University’s self-paced web-based format, students are given full flexibility to complete courses whenever and wherever they wish. UIU has been offering self-paced programs for almost 50 years, meaning students can receive the same high-quality education wherever they are. Our caring and supportive faculty and staff work closely with you to foster student success.
How Self-Paced Web-Based Learning Works
After enrollments are processed each month, learners will receive a link for accessing the web-based course materials, including textbook information and detailed instructions for completing the course. As a student moves through the course, each assignment will be submitted electronically using uiuLearn, UIU’s learning management system. Using uiuLearn requires access to a computer or laptop, the Internet and a web browser. Access will be given to the classroom the first day of the course.
Advantages of the Self-Paced Program:
- Allows you to learn in new ways
- Makes learning available to those who cannot attend a traditional class
- Flexibility to work at your own pace on coursework
- One-on-one contact with faculty
Advantages of the Self-Paced Web-Based Format
- Computer and internet access are required
- Assignments and exams are completed through our web-based classroom
- One-on-one environment allowing you to work at your own pace
- No mailing costs
- Proctored exams are not required for students taking web-based courses. *
- Complete entire degree in self-paced web-based format
- Transfer up to 78 lower division and 12 upper division credits to UIU
- 12 start dates a year with rolling admission.
*Self-Paced MATH courses require a test proctor
Six month self-paced, web-based is only eligible for part-time funding with financial aid.
Schedule – Web-Based:
2023-2024 Academic Year
Note: Schedule is subject to change
Course length is up to six months with start dates on the first day of each month
Select undergraduate majors available
Federal Financial Aid available to those who qualify
Transfer up to 90 college credits from other colleges. Ask about qualifying for experiential credits.
Military Friendly program offering servicemembers flexibility regardless of where they are located
First-time, transfer, online, international and military students: No matter your path or previous experience, we’ll help you every step of the way.
Providing resources to support you through your classes.