Literacy Coach Certificate
This program stems from the convergence of two trends in education:
- An increasing emphasis on literacy Pre- Kindergarten through 12th Grade – especially in the content areas; and
- The rapid growth of the roles of teachers as leaders.
This program is designed to prepare classroom teachers and teacher leaders to serve in literacy leadership roles. The goal is to provide leadership in effective instructional practices which result in improved achievement of PreK-12 students in diverse settings. This certificate targets those teachers who seek documentation of advanced skills in working with their peers to enhance reading achievement.
Literacy Coach requirements
- EDU 525 Content Area Literacy
- EDU 534 Instructional Coaching
- EDU 545 Second Language Acquisition
- EDU 587 Leadership: Organization and Administration of Reading Programs
- EDU 589 Reading Specialist/Literacy Coaching Internship
The Literacy Coach Certificate is offered at the following Upper Iowa University locations:
- Fayette Campus
- Des Moines Center, Waterloo Center and the Quad Cities Center
- Online Program