On behalf of the Upper Iowa University MPA faculty welcome to our MPA student home page. We hope this site provides you with the resources you need to maximize your learning experience. It our goal to provide you with access to the necessary forms, program information, and news you need to complete your course of study. The information included on this page includes:
Course Rotation: The course rotation for 2012-2013 and 2013-2014.
Organizations: APWA, NASPAA, ASPA, ICMA
Presidential Management Fellows:
- UIU MPA Handbook: Describes program goals, objectives, policies, and procedures. This handbook does not supersede the Academic Extension Catalog of UIU student handbook.
- General Emphasis Declaration form: Required if you are interested in developing a specific course of study for an emphasis area.
- Universal Degree Plan: Identifies the required courses for the core and each emphasis area.
- PA 590 Application and PA 590 Course Expectations: Guidelines and requirements for completing the MPA capstone paper.
- MPA Course Objectives: A list of the course objectives for each course in the MPA major.
- Newsletter: Copies of current and past issues of the MPA Program Newsletter.
Assessment: 2010 Assessment Report, 2010 Survey Results, 2011 Assessment Report, 2012-13 Writing Assessment Rubric, Alumni Survey Report,
2013 Writing Assessment, and
Critical Thinking Assessment
Accreditation: Summary of mission, values, and goals
Graduate Education: Student Expectations
- Here is a wonderful opportunity to apply your experience and education to public service. This highly selective, rigorous leadership program recruits outstanding graduate students for a two-year developmental fellowship at various Federal Agencies. Visit PMF.
- For guidance on navigating the Presidential Management Fellows application process, visit PathtoPMF.com, an interactive website and guide designed to support prospective PMF applicants.
If you have suggestions for improving this site or information that you would like to see included, please contact me.
Jerry Poppe, Ph.D
Assistant Professor/MPA Coordinator
Upper Iowa University