| Purchase a membership > Rec Center Services | 563.425.5669
The UIU Rec Center reopened Monday, June 1.
- Monday-Thursday: 6:00 a.m.- 9:00 a.m.; 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.; 3:30 – 7:00 p.m.
- Friday: 6:00 – 9:00 a.m.; 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.; 3:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Sunday: CLOSED
- NOTE: As an added precaution, the UIU Rec Center will be closed for sanitizing and cleaning from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. and 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9:00 ¬– 11:00 a.m. and 1:30 – 3:00 p.m. on Friday.
POINTS OF EMPHASIS
- All members will be asked to wash hands or utilize hand sanitizer immediately upon entry.
- Access will be limited to current UIU Rec Center members only. Guest passes/day passes will not be available.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet will be implemented and maintained by members and staff.
- Members are encouraged to wear face masks, especially when entering/exiting the facility.
- If you are not feeling well or think you have been exposed to somebody with Covid-19, please stay home and follow CDC/IDPH guidelines before returning to the UIU Rec Center.
- Members must scan in using their UIU ID or membership card to limit contact between members and staff.
- Members should bring their own filled water bottle. The drinking fountains and water bottle filling station will not be available for patron use.
- The locker rooms will remain closed until further notice.
- If you left items in the locker rooms prior to the pandemic, you will be able to access those items, but you will not be able to use the locker room for other purposes.
- Single bathrooms will be available for member use.
- The upstairs group fitness room will remain closed until further notice.
- All equipment must be cleaned by the member BEFORE and AFTER use.
- Members must bring in their own basketballs, volleyballs, etc.
- All cardio equipment has been moved to court 1 in the gymnasium.
- Room capacities:
- Free Weight Room: 6 individuals
- Upstairs Track: 8 individuals
- Basketball Courts: 3 per hoop
- Staff members are strongly encouraged to wear face masks during their shift.
- Rec Center staff will clean and sanitize the entrance, front desk area, and contact points frequently.
- Guidance from the IDPH and CDC is ever-changing, and we ask for your flexibility as guidelines, room capacity, etc., may change quickly and without notice.
The Recreation Center is committed to enriching the University and surrounding communities by providing ample opportunities to foster a physical, social and emotional well-being through the use of its facilities, programs and services.
Our facility includes: weight machines, 13 new cardiovascular machines installed August 2016, 2 Arc trainers, free weight area, group fitness room, upper track over main area (9.2laps/mile), main floor area, court 1&2: basketball, volleyball, tennis and badminton, court 3: volleyball, tennis and badminton, lower track (10.2 laps/mile), three ceiling suspended batting cages (also available for golf) and male and female locker rooms with showers.
Based on the guidance of local health officials, the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH), and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), UIU developed a comprehensive reopening plan and Covid-19 guidance that prioritizes the safety and well-being of Rec Center members, staff, and the entire Upper Iowa community.
|Yearly||6 Month||3 Month||1 Month||1 Day Pass to Pool|
Locker Rental for the Calendar Year
- UIU Faculty/Staff: $15
- UIU Students: $5
- Community Members: $35
Lock may be provided by the individual or by the Rec Center.
Group Fitness Rates
Session 2 Group Fitness Schedule
(Oct. 29 - Dec. 13)
Classes held at Rec Center unless specified
Download schedule (pdf)
Fire It Up Yoga
Student Center Tuesday
12:15 - 12:45 p.m.
Fire It Up Yoga
Student Center Friday
Fire It Up Yoga