Rec Center Guidelines
- All members will be asked to wash hands or utilize hand sanitizer immediately upon entry.
- Physical distancing of at least 6 feet will be implemented and maintained by members and staff. Immediate family members are the only exception to this rule.
- Staff members will be required to wear face masks while on duty.
- Members are strongly encouraged to wear face masks, especially when entering and exiting the facility.
- If you are not feeling well or think you have been exposed to somebody with Covid-19, please stay home and follow CDC/IDPH guidelines before returning to the UIU Rec Center.
- Members must scan in using their UIU ID or membership card to limit contact between members and staff.
- Members should bring their own filled water bottle. The drinking fountains and water bottle filling station will not be available for patron use.
- The locker rooms will reopen for use on Monday, August 31. Locker Room use will be limited to individuals who have a locker rental.
- Single bathrooms will be available for patron use.
- The upstairs group fitness room will remain closed until further notice.
- Guidance from the Iowa Department of Public Health and CDC is ever changing, and we ask for your flexibility as guidelines, room capacity, etc. may change quickly and without notice.
Cardo Equipment – North Court in Gymnasium
- All cardio equipment has been moved to court 1 (north court) of the gymnasium.
- Each piece of equipment will be spaced out to ensure physical distancing
- All equipment must be cleaned by the member BEFORE and AFTER use using the provided gym wipes. There are two sanitizing gym wipe stations located on court 1.
Free Weights – Fitness Room
- Weight equipment will remain in the fitness room. However, equipment has been spread out as much as possible to allow for physical distancing.
- Physical distancing of at least 6 feet should be maintained at all times.
- Weight room capacity will be limited to 6 individuals at a time.
- Please be patient if the room is filled to capacity when you arrive. You are welcome to come back at another time or warm-up on the track/cardio equipment until the room is available.
- All equipment must be cleaned by the member BEFORE and AFTER use. This includes weight benches, weight machines, barbells, dumbbells, plates, medicine balls, etc.
- The two south courts will have designated open hours for individual play. During this time, there will be a limit of 3 individuals per hoop.
- Members must bring in their own basketballs, volleyballs, and other equipment.
- No pick-up games (basketball, volleyball, soccer, etc.) will be allowed at this time.
- The first-floor walking track will be available for walking only if the member is unable to use the stairs to access the second-floor track.
- When the gym is reserved for UIU Athletics practices, student-athletes and coaches will follow the UIU Athletics Covid-19 Return-to-Play plan.
Upstairs Track Guidelines
- The track will have a maximum capacity of 8 people.
- Please be patient if the track is at capacity when you arrive.
- Physical distancing must be maintained when walking/running on the track.
- Runners are encouraged to utilize lane 1, walkers are encouraged to utilize lane 3, and it is recommended that lane 2 be left open at this time.
- If possible, avoid touching the railing.
- When the track is reserved for UIU Athletics practices, student-athletes and coaches will follow the UIU Athletics Covid-19 Return-to-Play plan.
- Each locker room will have a posted capacity limit that may not be exceeded at any time.
- Please be patient if the locker room is at capacity when you arrive.
- Locker Room Capacities:
- Public Men’s Locker Room – 7
- Public Women’s Locker Room – 7
- Locker Room use will be limited to individuals who have a locker rental.
- No loitering or hanging out in the locker room at any time.
- Locker room use must be kept to the shortest duration possible.
- Towel service will not be available. Members choosing to shower must provide their own towel.
- Fitness instructors will be required to wear face masks while on duty.
- Fitness classes will be held in the gym, ballroom, or outdoors. The group fitness room will remain closed until further notice and will not be used for classes.
- UIU Rec Center management will determine capacity limits for each class.
- Physical distancing will be maintained throughout classes.
- Fitness classes will be set-up in a way that prevents sharing of equipment by participants.
- If equipment must be shared, participants and/or instructor will wipe down equipment between uses.
- Participants are expected to bring their own yoga mat and filled water bottle.
- Personal trainers will be required to wear face coverings while on duty.
- Physical distancing will be maintained between the personal trainer and client when possible.
- If physical distancing cannot be maintained, both individuals will be expected to wear a face covering (e.g. personal trainer is spotting for a client or correcting lifting form).
- Training sessions will be set-up in a way that prevents sharing of equipment by clients.
- If equipment must be shared, clients and/or personal trainer will wipe down equipment between uses.
- Clients are expected to bring their own yoga mat and filled water bottle.
- Rec center staff will clean and sanitize the entrance and front desk area frequently.
- All equipment must be cleaned by members before and after use (cardio equipment, weight benches, weights, etc.). Rec center staff will provide additional cleaning throughout the day.
- Staff will also be cleaning and sanitizing contact points like doorknobs, handles and railings regularly.
- The UIU Rec Center will be closed for sanitizing and cleaning from 9:00 -11:00 a.m. and 1:30-2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Thank you for doing your part to prevent the spread by practicing good hygiene, staying 6 feet apart, and following the established guidelines.