FAFSA® - Free Application for Federal Student Aid
Did you know that you might be eligible for financial aid to help pay for college? Start the process by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®). The FAFSA is available starting October 1 for students who plan to attend college between July 1, 2019, and June 30, 2020.
Upper Iowa University School Code: 001893
- What is the FAFSA? The Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- How do I apply? Fill out your FAFSA online.
- What do I need? Get ready for the FAFSA by creating an FSA ID, a username and password combination that you’ll use to sign the FAFSA and access certain websites related to your federal student aid.
- What personal information do I need? You will need your taxes from two years ago.
- I’m a parent. Does my child need my information to file the FAFSA? Yes, if your child is considered a dependent student, per the U.S. Department of Education.
- Do I need to include my parents’ tax information? If you are under the age of 24, not a veteran, are not married, and do not have any children
- What types of aid am I applying for? You may be eligible for Federal grants and loans, state grants, and possibly institutional awards.
- When do I need to apply? As soon as the FAFSA becomes available October 1, you can submit your FAFSA. You will receive a confirmation email from the Central Processing Center once your information has been received. *
*Please allow 3-5 business days for Upper Iowa University to receive your student aid report.
FAFSA is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Education