uiuLearn Student Tutorials & Resources
This page contains tutorials to help students develop uiuLearn skills to participate in a variety of online course activities that can enrich the learning experience. You will also find information on UIU Library resources, as well as associated educational technologies such as McGraw Hill, Pearson, Panopto, Zoom, and Turnitin. If you don’t find what you are looking for, additional support and Resources information and links reside at the bottom of this web page.
uiuLearn Demonstration Course
Use the login credentials provided below to view a demonstration course. The course
will allow you to get familiar with the look and feel of uiuLearn. It also has video
tutorials for how to navigate the system and use the various tools to view course
content, take quizzes and much more!
Password (case sensitive): uiuLearn
- Logging in to uiuLearn
- How to Navigate uiuLearn
- Information for Students Taking Courses in uiuLearn
- uiuLearn Platform Browser Requirement
- Download and Install Microsoft Office 365 applications on your computer
Brightspace Pulse install instructions Stay up to date with your uiuLearn courses! Brightspace Pulse sends notifications
from your online courses, including announcements, grades, assignments, and more.
Viewing and Managing Course Content in Brightspace Pulse Learn about pinning/unpinning courses, view and manage content,
viewing offline, and supported content types in Pulse.
- Delete cookies in Microsoft Edge
- Clear cache & cookies in Chrome
- How to clear cache in Firefox
- Clear your browsing history in Safari on Mac
Syllabus and Course Navigation
Classlist Video by D2L – Use the Classlist tool to learn about and connect with everyone who is participating in a course.
Class Progress Tool Video by D2L – Check how you’re doing in different areas of a course by Accessing Class Progress.
The Student Experience – Course Evaluation Help Center Student Web Guide by Anthology.
Engage in Discussions Video by D2L – Share thoughts and comments on course topics in the Discussions tool.
Finding Courses in uiuLearn
Grades Video by D2L – Review grades and feedback on assignments by accessing the Grades tool.
Instant Messages (Pager)
Instant Messages Video by D2L – Message classmates and other users by accessing the Instant Messages tool.
Office 365 (O365)
- O365 Widget – The Office 365 widget on the uiuLearn global homepage and most course homepages enables quick access to UIU email, Outlook calendars, and OneDrive where there is generous 1 TB storage and access from any computer, as well as easy file sharing.
Panopto Mobile Apps In June 2020, Panopto announced new apps for iOS and Android. The new apps support offline videos, personalized home screens, a comprehensive search experience, and the ability to upload or record new videos using a phone camera. The new apps are available in the iOS and Android app stores.
Panopto Student QuickStart Guide Video – Learn how to record or upload videos with Panopto and put them in uiuLearn
Panopto Student Walkthrough Video – Details of how to record and share links to videos you create in Panopto.
How to Use Panopto Step-by-step instructions on recording videos using Panopto.
Profile Video by D2L – Create a personal profile to develop meaningful connections with others in your course.
Quizzes and Exams
Quizzes Video by D2L – Access course quizzes or tests from the Quizzes tool.
Take a Quiz Video by D2L – Take a quiz or exam using the Quizzes tool.
Why can’t I take a quiz? Have trouble taking a quiz? This video provides insights into common issues you can troubleshoot before contacting your instructor.
Quiz Submission View Video by D2L – Review quiz questions, answers, and instructor feedback from the submission view of a quiz.
Turnitin Basics for Students – Video tutorial.
Video Note Video by D2L – Personalize your course interactions using Video Note.
Online Learning Support and Resources
D2L (uiuLearn) Brightspace
- D2L Service and Brightspace Real-Time status
- phone 877-325-7778
- email [email protected]
- uiuLearn Virtual Assistant — Located on the bottom right of your screen once logged in to uiuLearn
Upper Iowa University Information Technology Resources
- [email protected]
- UIU IT Resources
- phone 563-425-5876
- Not sure who to contact? See this document: uiuLearn Resources and Support
Zoom Support Hours are 24/7, including public holidays. Agents or technical engineers are available for web, chat, and phone support.
- Zoom Real-Time Status
- Support Web Page
- Submit a Zoom support request form
- Call Zoom support 1.888.799.9666 ext 2 – you will need your Personal Meeting ID and Host Key found on your Zoom account profile page.