Skip to content

Ready For More?

Request more info now.

Honoring those who serve others

The Federal Civil Service Tuition Grant offers discounts up to 20% for undergraduate courses and graduate courses to all current Federal employees, federal contractors, and their spouses and dependents.

Federal Civil Service professionals often have demanding schedules or are required to move to new locations, which can make it difficult to achieve your educational goals. To help keep you on track, UIU offers flexible and affordable educational opportunities. We offer face-to-face, online and six- month self-paced learning opportunities to individuals located around the world (see our various locations). Members of the Federal Civil Service family can mix and match the style of courses to provide the best fit for their busy lives.

Learn from Anywhere

UIU offers face-to-face, online and self-paced learning opportunities.


UIU’s Federal Civil Service Tuition Grant is available for qualified federal employees, federal contractors, and their spouses and dependents beginning in any of UIU’s 6 start dates and is renewed annually with ‘proof of status’.

For students to be eligible for the Federal Civil Service Tuition Grant, they must provide proof of current federal employment, current federal contract, or a spouse or dependent status of current federal employee or federal contactor.

Federal Academic Alliance Program for Federal Government Employees, Spouses & Dependent Children:

Upper Iowa University is a proud member of the Federal Academic Alliance (FAA). As a member institution, UIU supports the Federal Government’s talent development efforts by offering high-quality undergraduate and graduate level programs taught in-person and online in a variety of subject areas

As a member of the FAA, UIU will extend the Federal Civil Service Grant to all federal government employees, federal contractors, their spouses and their dependents.

*Master of Science in Counseling and Master of Education programs are not eligible for this tuition grant

Acceptable Documentation

Proof of Federal Civil Service Employee Status options:

  • Copy of Proof of Employment verification provided from the Office of Personnel Management
  • Copy of current federally issued Common Access Card (CAC card) with valid expiration date
  • Proof of Employment Letter from Department of the Federal Government you work for

Proof of DoD Spouse or Dependent:

  • Copy of Marriage License AND copy of Sponsor’s Proof of DoD Employment Status (see list)
  • Copy of Birth Certificate AND copy of Sponsor’s Proof of DoD Employment Status (see list)