Jump Start your Degree this Summer and Save!
Don’t wait for fall!
Start Now and Your Textbooks are Free!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- For all students at a military location starting Session 6 in the 2020-21 academic year at one of the following UIU locations: Hood, Leavenworth, Sill, Riley, Bragg, Polk, DeRidder.
- For online and in-person 3-credit undergraduate or graduate courses.
- Must be a full-time student (undergraduate students take 2 classes to qualify as a full-time student).
- Student must complete the course and receive a letter grade for textbooks to be free.
- Cannot combine with other tuition discounts.
These savings are available to all family, friends, and servicemembers who start in July.
There are no application fees or entrance exams associated with this offer. In fact, you get FREE Digital TEXTBOOKS when you start in Session 6.
- Textbooks will be e-textbooks ordered from VitalSource. Books not available through this e-textbook format are not included in this promotion.
- Textbook ordering will be processed starting the week before classes.
- Redemption codes for e-textbooks will be emailed to UIU student email accounts only with an email read receipt request attached.
- Redemption codes will not be ordered for or emailed to students who do not have a Memorandum of Understanding on file for session 6.
- Redemption codes not accessed by students by the end of the NA period will be returned to VitalSource for refund to UIU.
- This free textbooks promotion does not cover any course access codes required for specific courses.
- Printed textbooks are only made available for those students who need an accommodation from the Office of Accessibility Services; paperwork should be submitted for this accommodation. These books will be rented and must be returned to the center immediately following completion of the course.
- Textbook charges will be applied to student accounts if they utilized the textbook redemption codes or rental books and do not complete their course. If student is removed from a course and does not use the redemption code, UIU will return the redemption code to Vitalsource and the student account will not be charged for the book.
- All technical issues with VitalSource e-textbooks after the redemption code is received by the student should be directed to VitalSource’s help center.