Find a Job or Internship
Handshake: Your New Online Career Management System
Handshake replaces the Peacock Career Portal powered by College Central Network. This new platform will allow the Office of Career Development to better target career information, internships, employment opportunities, and career-related events to students & alumni based on major, degree type, and interests.
- All active students have an account created for them at the start of the semester.
- Visit https://uiu.joinhandshake.com/login to activate your account and complete your profile.
- Enter in your UIU email and password, or use the blue single sign-on button.
Make an appointment through your Handshake account to meet with career development staff to assist you with your career goals.
- Register for a personal alumni account on https://uiu.joinhandshake.com/register
- Use your personal email when creating your account. Do not use the single sign-on button, as you no longer have access to your UIU email address.
- A team member from the Career Center will approve your alumni request- then you can begin exploring thousands of opportunities that are tailored to your interests!
Parker Dewey is a platform for students to take part in short-term, professional, paid work experiences through Micro-Internships. Through these experiences you can demonstrate your skills, explore career paths, and develop their professional networks. Unlike traditional internships, these paid opportunities typically range from only 5 to 40 work hours, and many can be completed remotely.
General Job Search/Career Sites
Careers in Government, Public Service, and Nonprofit
Educate To Career is a resource available for job seekers, career counselors, and HR professionals to compare the reliable salary data based on your college, location, industry, and other factors.
The Office of Career Development acts as a referral agency only. We do not screen or filter resumes, nor do we make selections for companies.
Email: [email protected]
Location: 2nd Flr. Student Center (225), Fayette Campus
Office of Career Development
Upper Iowa University
P.O. Box 1857
605 Washington St.
Fayette, IA 52142
Monday – Friday: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CST)
To schedule an appointment, visit the Career Services section on your Handshake account.
Director of Career Development
Career Development Links