- There’s a HUGE VALUE! In addition to gaining lots of new friends and enjoying camaraderie along the ride, Team Peacock will pay each rider’s RAGBRAI wristband fee ($175 value), and provide new riders with a Team Peacock biking jersey ($60 value).
- Enjoy the luxuries of the Peacock Support Crew! They will take care of your camping accommodations on the route. Locations vary, but in the past they have included alumni residences, city and state parks. The Team Peacock crew will set up camp each day for riders including setting up tents and making available portable hot showers and restrooms when not provided by a host. Drink station and breakfast/snack bar includes water, sports drinks, ice, light snacks, bananas and coffee. In addition, daily laundry service is provided for the riders’ cycling gear. Transportation services will ensure your personal gear is safely and securely transported to the starting point as well as each town along the route. Each rider shall pay a $125 week-long camp fee (or $30 per day for daily riders) which helps offset expense of amenities previously mentioned.
- Make a difference for Upper Iowa University! Team Peacock is a fundraising venture for UIU. Each rider may select a University fund, project or program to support. Options include, but are not limited to: scholarships, Dean’s funds, UIU Fund, and athletics. Team members are responsible for a fundraising goal, based on the categories below. 100% goal fulfillment is required by Friday, July 23, 2021. The Alumni Office will provide some marketing and fundraising support for participants, but ultimately it is up to each rider to creatively and aggressively meet their goal.
|UIU Affiliation||Week-long Rider Goal||Daily Rider Goal (up to 3 days)|
|Friend of UIU||$1,000||$250/day|
|UIU Faculty, Staff or Board of Trustee rider||$750||$200/day|
|UIU Alumni, Student or Parent||$500||$150/day|
Team Peacock Sponsorships are a great way to show your commitment to all riders and support crew members. To thank our sponsors, each will receive public recognition along the route, on this Team Peacock webpage, and on UIU social media pages. Signature Sponsorship Opportunities Include:
- Transportation Sponsor: $1,000
- Kybo Sponsor: $750
- Sports Drink Sponsor: ($500) Big thanks to Colonel Bob & Dawson!
- Ice Sponsor: $250
- Coffee Sponsor: $100 Big thanks to Hannah Winter!
- Protein Bar Sponsor: $100 Big thanks to William Loza ’13, ’21, Matthew Snitkey ’01, Johan Lundin and Colonel Bob & Dawson!
- Banana Sponsor: ($50) Big thanks to Leona Danker!
- Chocolate Milk Sponsor: ($50) Big thanks to Diana Lamphier ’74!
Please direct sponsorship donations to uiu.edu/give. Select “Team Peacock General Fund” designation and include a note with the sponsor option you wish to select. Thank you!
|Thursday, April 15, 2021||Deadline to sign up with Team Peacock / Camp Fee is your required deposit|
|Friday, July 23, 2021||Hit your fundraising goal!|
|Friday, July 23, 2021||Kickoff dinner + team meeting in Fayette|
|Saturday, July 24, 2021||Load gear on Team Peacock bus, leave for Le Mars (starting town) or meet us there|
|Sunday-Saturday, July 25-31, 2021||RAGBRAI XLVIII|
3 Steps to Join the Team!
- Register on RAGBRAI.com and be sure to join Team Peacock (Upper Iowa University). You’ll be prompted to create an EnMotive account.
- Complete the Online Rider Agreement Form below.
- Pay your Camp Fee deposit at uiu.edu/Give. Select the designation Team Peacock General Fund.
Completion of these three steps is required in order to reserve your spot on our roster. Team Peacock registration deadline is Thursday, April 15, 2021.