Team Peacock – Pedaling for a Purpose!
Upper Iowa University’s Team Peacock will celebrate its 19th year participating in the Register’s Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa (RAGBRAI)—the oldest, largest and longest bicycle touring event in the world!
Since 2005, our team has raised more than one million dollars to support students and University projects. This year, Team Peacock will be making a trek across the state of Iowa, July 22-29, 2023 for the 50th annual RAGBRAI!
Click to View our '23 Team Roster!
- Bob King ’87
- Dawson King
- Bill Duffy
- Holly Wolff ’10
- Tim Wolff ’16
- Erin Yourison
- Pamela Bascom
- Jackson Hayek ’02
- Daryl Grove
- Carol Langerman-Aten ’14
- Michael Salmons ’76
- Amanda Jones ’08
- Andrew Johnson
- BreAnne Healey – Crew
- Gina Kuker
- Einar Seadler
- Al Duff
- Jason Berggren ’17
- Maggie Berggren
- Chas Daker ’72
- Danielle Northrup
- Jacob Gibbs
- Justin Gibbs
- Jeffrey Gibbs
- Edward Francis
- Allyssa Joseph ’12
- Robbie Kohl ’21
- Josh Shipman
- Billie Cowley ’03, ’08
- Matt Cowley ’00
- Patrick Duffy
- Angie Joseph ’82
- TJ Joseph ’80
- Jesse Pleggenkuhle ’12, ’20
- Brad Wymer
- Crystal Chapman ’11
- YOUR NAME HERE!
Team Peacock Sponsorships are a great way to show your commitment to all riders and support crew members. To thank our sponsors, each will receive public recognition along the route, on this Team Peacock webpage, and on UIU social media pages. Signature Sponsorship Opportunities Include:
- Jersey Sponsor ($2,500) May 1 Deadline for 2023 Team
- Transportation Sponsor: ($1,000)
- Camp Sponsor: ($500)
- Sports Drink Sponsor: ($500) Thank you Colonel Bob ’87 & Dawson King!
- Team Supper Sponsor: ($500)
- Ice Sponsor: ($500) Thank you Colonel Bob ’87 & Dawson King!
- Laundry Sponsor: ($150) Thank you Ziyuan Li ’17, ’19!
- Coffee Sponsor: ($100) Thank you Danny John ’16, ’18 & Joyce Barker!
- Protein Bar Sponsor: ($100)
- First Aid Sponsor: ($100)
- Banana Sponsor: ($75)
- Chocolate Milk Sponsor: ($75) Thank you AJA Estate Services, LLC & Danny John, Joyce Barker, and Amy Foraker!
Sponsorship donations may be made using Venmo, PayPal or credit card at uiu.edu/give (select Team Peacock General Fund designation). Be sure to mention your selected sponsor option. Thank you!
- Make a difference for Upper Iowa University! Team Peacock is a fundraising venture for UIU. Each rider selects a University fund, project or program to support. Options include, but are not limited to: scholarships, Dean’s funds, UIU Fund, and athletics. Team members are responsible for a fundraising goal, based on the categories below. 100% goal fulfillment is required by July 1, 2023. The Alumni Office will provide some marketing and fundraising support for participants, but ultimately it is up to each rider to creatively and aggressively meet their goal. The deadline has passed but please contact us directly to see about the possibility of a late sign up. In addition to gaining lots of new friends and enjoying camaraderie along the ride, Team Peacock will pay each rider’s RAGBRAI wristband fee and provide new riders with a Team Peacock biking jersey.
- Enjoy the luxuries of the Peacock Support Crew! They will take care of your camping accommodations on the route. Locations vary, but in the past they have included alumni residences, churches, companies, city, and state parks. The Team Peacock crew will set up camp each day for riders including setting up tents and making available portable hot showers and restrooms, when not provided by a host. Drink station and snack bar includes water, sports drinks, ice, light snacks, bananas and coffee. In addition, laundry service is provided twice during the week for the riders’ cycling gear. Transportation services will ensure your personal gear is safely and securely transported to the starting point as well as each town along the route.
- Each rider shall pay a Camp Fee of $125 for week-long riders or $30 per day for daily riders, which helps offset the expense of amenities previously mentioned. After February 28, late registration Camp Fee is $175 for week-long riders or $50 per day for daily riders.
|Category:||Minimum Week-long Rider Goal||Minimum Daily Rider Goal (minimum 3 days)|
|Individual||$750||$200 per day|
|Couples / Team of 2||$1,200||$250 per day|
|Team of 3||$2,000||$350 per day|
|February 28, 2023||Deadline to sign up with Team Peacock|
|July 1, 2023||Deadline to hit your fundraising goal!|
|July 21, 2023||Kickoff dinner + team meeting in Fayette|
|July 22, 2023||Load gear on Team Peacock bus, leave for starting town (or meet us there)|
|July 22-29, 2023||RAGBRAI L (50th Anniversary!)|
The February 28 deadline has passed, but please contact a Team Peacock Co-Chair directly to see about the possibility of a late sign up. Late Camp fee is $175 for weeklong riders or $50/day for daily riders if you missed the 2/28/23 RAGBRAI deadline.
All riders must complete the 3 following steps:
- Submit the Team Peacock Online Rider Agreement Form below
- Pay your Camp Fee deposit at uiu.edu/Give. (Select the designation Team Peacock General Fund.)
- Register on RAGBRAI.com
Be sure to LIKE our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/teampeacock. Or JOIN our Facebook group at facebook.com/groups/UIUTeamPeacock.
Please direct any questions to Team Peacock Co-Chairs: Brenda Luzum ([email protected] or 563-425-5238) or Daryl Grove ([email protected] or 563-425-5330.)