Team Peacock – Pedaling for a Purpose!
Upper Iowa University’s Team Peacock will celebrate its 19th year participating in the Register’s Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa (RAGBRAI)—the oldest, largest and longest bicycle touring event in the world!
Since 2005, our team has raised more than one million dollars to support students and University projects. This year, Team Peacock will be making a trek across the state of Iowa, July 22-29, 2023 for the 50th annual RAGBRAI!
- Bob King ’87
- Dawson King
- Bill Duffy
- Erin Yourison
- Pamela Bascom
- Jackson Hayek ’02
- Daryl Grove
- Carol Langerman-Aten ’14
- Amanda Jones ’08
- Andrew Johnson
- Gina Kuker
- Einar Seadler
- Al Duff
- Jason Berggren ’17
- Maggie Berggren
- Chas Daker ’72
- Danielle Northrup
- Jacob Gibbs
- Justin Gibbs
- Jeffrey Gibbs
- Edward Francis
- Allyssa Joseph ’12
- Josh Shipman
- Billie Cowley ’03, ’08
- Matt Cowley ’00
- Patrick Duffy
- Angie Joseph ’82
- TJ Joseph ’80
- Jesse Pleggenkuhle ’12, ’20
- Brad Wymer
- Crystal Chapman ’11
- Don Reed
- Ethan Taylor
Team Peacock Sponsorships are a great way to show your commitment to all riders and support crew members. To thank our sponsors, each will receive public recognition along the route, on this Team Peacock webpage, and on UIU social media pages. Signature Sponsorship Opportunities Include:
- Bus Fuel Sponsor: ($750) Thank you, Josh ’01 & Veronica Cheek!
- Sports Drink Sponsor: ($500) Thank you Colonel Bob ’87 & Dawson King!
- Team Supper Sponsor: ($500) Thank you NeuroScience Associates / NSALabs.com!
- Ice Sponsor: ($500) Thank you Colonel Bob ’87 & Dawson King!
- Camp Sponsor: ($400) Thank you Patrick Duffy!
- Laundry Sponsor: ($150) Thank you Ziyuan Li ’17, ’19!
- Coffee Sponsor: ($100) Thank you Danny John ’16, ’18 & Joyce Barker!
- Sunscreen Sponsor: ($100) Thank you Jann Henkes ’78!
- Protein Bar Sponsor: ($100) Thank you Cory & Brenda Luzum!
- Bug Spray Sponsor: ($100) Thank you LaVerne McCoy ’98!
- First Aid Sponsor: ($100) Thank you Ron ’77 & Sue Bergfeld!
- Trail Mix Sponsor: ($100) Thank you Tom ’75 & Kathy Petsche!
- Banana Sponsor: ($75) Thank you Dr. Rich Patrick!
- Chocolate Milk Sponsor: ($75) Thank you AJA Estate Services, LLC & Danny John, Joyce Barker, and Amy Foraker!
Sponsorship donations may be made using Venmo, PayPal or credit card at uiu.edu/give (select Team Peacock General Fund designation). Be sure to mention your selected sponsor option. Thank you!
- Make a difference for Upper Iowa University! Team Peacock is a fundraising venture for UIU. Each rider selects a University fund, project or program to support. Options include, but are not limited to: scholarships, Dean’s funds, UIU Fund, and athletics. Team members are responsible for a fundraising goal, based on the categories below. 100% goal fulfillment is required by July 1, 2023. The Alumni Office will provide some marketing and fundraising support for participants, but ultimately it is up to each rider to creatively and aggressively meet their goal. The deadline has passed but please contact us directly to see about the possibility of a late sign up. In addition to gaining lots of new friends and enjoying camaraderie along the ride, Team Peacock will pay each rider’s RAGBRAI wristband fee and provide new weeklong riders with a Team Peacock biking jersey.
- Enjoy the luxuries of the Peacock Support Crew! They will take care of your camping accommodations on the route. Locations vary, but in the past they have included alumni residences, churches, companies, city, and state parks. The Team Peacock crew will set up camp each day for riders including setting up tents and making available portable hot showers and restrooms, when not provided by a host. Drink station and snack bar includes water, sports drinks, ice, light snacks, bananas and coffee. In addition, laundry service is provided twice during the week for the riders’ cycling gear. Transportation services will ensure your personal gear is safely and securely transported to the starting point as well as each town along the route.
- Each rider shall pay a Camp Fee of $125 for week-long riders or $30 per day for daily riders, which helps offset the expense of amenities previously mentioned. After February 28, late registration Camp Fee is $175 for week-long riders or $50 per day for daily riders. Camp fees are non-charitable.
|Category:||Minimum Week-long Rider Goal||Minimum Daily Rider Goal (minimum 3 days)|
|Individual||$750||$200 per day|
|Couples / Team of 2||$1,200||$250 per day|
|Team of 3||$2,000||$350 per day|
|February 28, 2023||Deadline to sign up with Team Peacock|
|July 1, 2023||Deadline to hit your fundraising goal!|
|July 21, 2023||Kickoff dinner + team meeting in Fayette|
|July 22, 2023||Load gear on Team Peacock bus, leave for starting town (or meet us there)|
|July 22-29, 2023||RAGBRAI L (50th Anniversary!)|
The February 28 deadline has passed, but please contact a Team Peacock Co-Chair directly to see about the possibility of a late sign up. Late Camp fee is $175 for weeklong riders or $50/day for daily riders if you missed the 2/28/23 RAGBRAI deadline.
All riders must complete the 3 following steps: