UIU’s 8th Annual Giving Day
Wednesday & Thursday, April 24 & 25
Upper Iowa University invites its Silent Generation, the Baby Boomers, Generation X, Millennials, and Gen Z, to battle it out to discover who can make the most impact on the 8th annual Giving Day. Every generation thinks it knows better than the one before and we are hoping that competitive spirit spills over into Giving Day at UIU. According to the Pew Research Center we have subdivided our giving generations into these 5 options.
Battle of the Generations!
Donors will then be able to select the giving option from within their generation. Those who think they have the gusto to progress more in number of donors and number of dollars over their rival generations will gain bragging rights. At the annual Alumni House Tailgate Party on October 12, 2024, special recognition will be given to the winning generations of both categories.
UIU Fund support creates the opportunity to enhance the experience for UIU students year after year. It allows for the flexibility to focus on urgent needs or to engage in new avenues of teaching and resources on campus.
Peacock Athletic Fund (PAF) helps provide student-athletes with the best possible resources to maximize their potential as students, athletes, and most importantly, as people.
Academics at UIU
Supports replacing the 29-year old greenhouse named after Frank Wilder and Richard Coleman; providing transportation to urban high school students to visit the Fayette Campus to remove financial barriers; and purchasing instructional equipment such as LCD screens, interactive whiteboards, science equipment, and other classroom technologies. If you want to donate to one of these specific initiatives, please note the initiative when making your pledge.
Presidential Inauguration Fund
Supports students and supports the inauguration of UIU’s president.
Scholarships are an important way Upper Iowa provides students access to a high-quality education, and we welcome contributions of any size to help us continue expand opportunities for students.
How can you participate?
- Support Giving Day by wearing blue on Wednesday and Thursday wear an outfit from your favorite generation. Stop by and celebrate with fellow Peacocks from 8:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. on Thursday, April 25, 2024 at the Alumni House on Union Street in Fayette. Coffee, donuts, and refreshments will be served. Best generational dressed outfit from each generation will win a small token of our appreciation. Individuals from afar may submit their generation photos by 9 a.m. to be in the running at [email protected].
- Challenge classmates in your generation to join in Giving Day.
- Make a gift!
Ways to Give
Why wait? Make your contribution by mail or online anytime between now and Wednesday, April 24 and Thursday, April 25 for recognition during the event.
- Give Online Wednesday, April 24 and Thursday, April 25
- Checks made payable to UIU (with Giving Day in the memo) may be mailed to the Alumni Office at P.O. Box 1857, Fayette, IA 52142
- Be a Giving Day Sponsor – enjoy featured website recognition for those who give $1,000, $2,500 or $5,000+!
- Venmo donations also accepted @upperiowa. Mention which fund you’d like to support.
- UIU Employees – this is a great time to set up a payroll deduction!