Students who have completed coursework at Upper Iowa University may obtain an official transcript upon written request to the Registrar’s Office.
Before making your request, please note:
- Official transcripts cannot be issued if there is an unpaid balance on your University account. Visit the Student Accounts page for information on paying your balance.
- Refunds cannot be issued for transcript processing fees.
- Official transcripts provided directly to you will be stamped issued to student and become unofficial if you open the envelope before providing it to your intended recipient.
- $10 per copy for transcripts by mail or electronic (2-4 day processing time)
- $25 minimum for rush orders
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions regarding transcript requests may be directed to [email protected]
What is an electronic transcript?
An electronic transcript is a secure PDF document, which is meant to be accessed electronically. Your recipient will receive an email with instructions to access the transcript. Electronic transcripts are sent via our partnership with the National Student Clearinghouse.
Are electronic transcripts official?
Electronic transcripts are generally considered official when sent directly to your recipient. You should confirm with your recipient that they will accept electronic transcripts.
Am I able to request an electronic transcript if I attended before 1991?
Electronic transcripts are available for anyone who attended UIU in 1991 or later. If you attended UIU before 1991, you will need to request a mailed transcript because older format transcripts are not compatible with the electronic transcript system.
I prefer not to complete my request online. How else can I submit it?
You may send a signed request via mail, email, or fax to request a paper copy of your transcript. However, if you want to order an electronic transcript, you must use the Transcript Ordering Center.
How do I make a request via mail, email, or fax?
Download and print the official transcript request form.
- Complete the form and sign it.
- Submit the form using one of the following options:
- Option 1: Mail your completed and signed request along with the processing fee to Upper Iowa University, SEC Transcript Processing, P.O. Box 1857, Fayette, IA 52142
- Option 2: Scan your signed request and email it to [email protected] or fax it to 563-425-5287. Visit UIU’s eMarket site and click Transcripts to pay the processing fee.
Can I request a transcript via phone?
No, to protect your private information, we are unable to accept transcript requests by phone. All requests must be signed, either on paper or electronically through the Transcript Ordering Center.
How do I get an unofficial transcript?
To view your unofficial transcript, login to your myUIU account. Click the Academics tab. Scroll down or select My Unofficial Transcript from the menu. Click the View Unofficial Transcript link. Once there, if you wish to print your unofficial transcript, scroll to the bottom of the transcript and click the Printer Friendly Unofficial Transcript link.
How can I request FedEx shipping/Priority Service?
UIU offers FedEx Shipping of paper copies and Priority Service for an additional fee. The minimum fee for FedEx Shipping/Priority Service is $25. Additional charges may apply depending on FedEx rates and transcript destination (such as outside of the Continental US). Delivery times are dependent on postal service and FedEx availability.
- To request FedEx Shipping/Priority Service, download and print the official transcript request form.
- Complete the form and sign it.
- Submit the scanned form to [email protected] or by fax to 563-425-5287.
- Call us at 1-800-553-4150 to confirm receipt of your request and discuss your shipping needs.
- After confirming that your order can be fulfilled, you will be directed to pay online using UIU’s eMarket site.