Military Family Grant
Freedom to take classes whenever and wherever the service takes you
The UIU Military Family Freedom Grant extends the University’s $250 per credit hour tuition rate for undergraduate courses to the spouses and dependents of active duty, National Guard, and reserve servicemembers for all undergraduate classes. Military spouses and dependents are often required to move to new locations, which can make it difficult to achieve your educational goals. To help keep you on track, UIU offers flexible and affordable educational opportunities. We offer face-to-face, online and self-paced learning opportunities to individuals located around the world. Members of the total military family can mix and match the style of courses to provide the best fit for their busy lives.
Items student must provide as proof of military spouse or dependent status:
- PREFFERED: Tuition Assistance Registration for Sponsor and Marriage License for spouses or Birth Certificate for dependents
OR DEERS Form 1172-2: Application for Identification card/DEERS Enrollment (DD Form 1172-2)
- ALTERNATIVE for Spouse: Copy of Marriage License AND copy of Sponsor’s Proof of Service (see list)
- ALTERNATIVE for Dependent: Copy of Birth Certificate AND copy of Sponsor’s Proof of Service (see list)
Proof of Military Status options:
– Authorized Tuition Assistance Form or GoArmyEd TA Registrations
– Copy of Military Orders with the Last Year
– Memorandum of Service
– Proof of Service Letter or Statement of Service
Military ID Cards are not accepted.
Over 20 years of offering courses from a distance with our eight-week sessions and one six-week summer session.
Programs with paper and web-based formats, when you don’t have regular access to the internet, six-month courses with start dates each month.
Face to Face courses without leaving the installation: Fort Leavenworth (KS), Fort Riley (KS), Fort Polk, (LA), New Orleans (Jackson Barracks) (LA), Fort Sill (OK), and Fort Hood (TX).