Mission and Objectives
Master of Science in Counseling
Ready For More?
Request more info now.
Request Information Today
MSC Mission Statement
UIU’s online Master of Science in Counseling program prepares exemplary graduates to serve in a variety of positions in community mental health and school settings. We establish academic expectations for an intellectual climate and provide a supportive environment for a diverse student body to grow and develop personally, interpersonally, clinically, and professionally. We prepare graduates who:
- Possess a clear and consistent awareness of themselves and their impact on others.
- Acquire knowledge and skills to practice effectively and ethically.
- Excel as practitioners and practice lifelong learning.
- Provide leadership to the community and advocate on behalf of their clients and their communities.
- Value professional integrity and diligence.
- Commit to the compassionate service of humanity and foster the growth, development, and wellness of individuals and communities at the local, state, national, and international levels.
- Objective #1: Students will attain strong theoretical foundations in the eight core areas of counseling.
- Objective #2: Students will be able to successfully apply knowledge and skills covered in graduate level courses to counseling settings.
- Objective #3: Students will develop and demonstrate multicultural competence in counseling.
- Objective #4: Students will develop strong identities as professional counselors.
- Objective #5: The student population body will be diverse with respect to race, gender, sexual orientation, and other cultural identities.
- Objective #6: Master’s graduates will secure professional positions in counseling settings.