UIU Tutor Center
The Tutor Center provides free tutoring for Upper Iowa University students.
Tutoring through Zoom is available by Drop-In and Appointment. Drop-In tutoring is instant access to our tutors. A list of our tutors, their drop-in tutoring schedules, and the courses they are able to assist with are located in the table below.
Our tutors are also available by appointment, outside of their scheduled drop-in tutoring times.
To create an appointment:
- Click here (must sign in to myUIU to access).
- Click “Login to Accudemia” on the bottom right, Accudemia, our appointment scheduling site, will appear.
- Click the “New Appointment” button on the left.
- Fill in information as needed for the appointment.
NetTutor is a free online tutoring service available 24/7 that is integrated directly into uiuLearn under the Student Resources tab. NetTutor tutors are subject matter experts with previous teaching or tutoring experience. They are full-time tutors, and all have at least a bachelor’s degree; most also have postgraduate degrees
Scientific calculators (TI-30 XIIS) and graphing calculators (TI-83) are also available through the Tutor Center. Calculators can be checked out on a per-term basis, and renewed per-term as necessary. Graphing calculators are reserved for students in the calculus series or above.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions that aren’t answered below, contact the Tutor Center Manager, Markus Hawes, at [email protected] or 563-425-5853.
Questions, textbook, notes and any other class information.
- Sign in to your myUIU account
- Choose “Academics” from the top toolbar at the main menu
- Click “Tutoring” on the left-hand side menu
- Click “Login to Accudemia” on the lower right-hand side of the screen Accudemia, our online appointment scheduling site, will appear
- Navigate to your desired appointment date
- Click “Tutor Center”
- Click on the course you are requesting assistance with
- Search and Click on your instructor
- Click the dropdown arrow at the top to “Select a Specific Tutor” to select the tutor for your course
- Click the time at which you wish to schedule an appointment (each appointment is set to a 1 hour session. If you would like more time create another appointment adjacent to that time).
- Click “Accept” and “Make an Appointment”
- Record the appointment details in your planner or calendar
- At this time, you will receive a confirmation email containing a link to your tutor’s virtual meeting room. Click that link at the time of the meeting.
The confirmation email that you received at the time that the appointment was made contains the link to join the meeting. There will also be a reminder email sent out an hour before the meeting time that will have the link to join the meeting.
- Sign in to uiuLearn
- Click the Student Resources tab.
- Select NetTutor from the dropdown menu
- Click on the course you would like assistance with.
- Here students can: Meet with a Live Tutor, Make an Appointment, or Drop off a Question.
Yes, they do! Simply type in the chat box during the tutoring session, “Please enable audio and video for this session.” and the tutor will do so.