Purpose, Goals and Values
- Although located on the Fayette campus, the office services all UIU students (centers, online, self-paced).
- Students may complete the Application for Accommodation online or complete and submit a paper application.
The Disability Services Office provides resources and support to students with disabilities, as well as the faculty and staff involved in their education, in compliance with applicable law and best practices in higher education.
- Assist with personal growth, development, and empowerment of students that lead towards self-advocacy.
- Provide timely, effective, and reasonable accommodations.
- Serve as a liaison between students, faculty, and staff.
- Promote disability awareness through various outreach initiatives.
- Stay abreast of trends and issues related to disability services in higher education.