Calling for Volga River Review submissions
FAYETTE, Iowa (December 18, 2015) – Upper Iowa University students, faculty, staff and alumni are invited to provide creative writing submissions to Upper Iowa’s literary journal, Volga River Review.
Past contributors are encouraged to submit again. All styles of writing are welcome, from traditional to experimental. To submit your poem, short story or creative essay, see the following guidelines:
- Forward entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- With a doc. or rtf. include the subject line “VRR2016"
- 1 to 3 poems or up to 3,000 words of prose (fiction, creative essay, or creative non-fiction) include a word count
- Include your email and mailing address in the document, and a bio no longer than 200 words
- For full consideration, submit by midnight on January 29. You should receive a response two to three weeks after submission. The journal will launch in April.
All contributors will be mailed a copy of the issue in which their work appears.
We look forward to hearing from you,
The Editors of the Volga River Review*
Faculty advisor Dr. Adrianne Finlay
Editor-in-chief Samantha Vorwald
*If you have questions or are interested in becoming an editor of the Volga River Review, contact Dr. Adrianne Finlay, VRR faculty advisor and program director of creative writing, at email@example.com.
About Upper Iowa University Founded in 1857, Upper Iowa University is a private, nonprofit university providing undergraduate and graduate degree programs to about 5,800 students–nationally and internationally–at its Fayette campus, 21 U.S. locations, as well as a location in Hong Kong. Upper Iowa University is a recognized innovator in offering accredited, quality programs through flexible, multiple delivery systems, including online and self-paced degree program. With a focus on developing leaders and lifelong learners, UIU provides dual enrollment programs for high school students as well as continuing education and professional development opportunities for learners of any age. For more information, visit uiu.edu.