Graduate Students

Master of Business Administration

Master of Business Administration If you are interested in applying for our Graduate program, please follow the steps below (all documents must be submitted in English):

1.) Complete the online application
2.) Submit OFFICIAL transcripts

Please submit an official transcript in a sealed envelope for all colleges/universities that you have attended. These transcripts must show that you have completed an undergraduate program (baccalaureate degree) and your cumulative GPA (or the foreign equivalent). 

Please note that all transcripts must be in English. If the transcript is not in English, you must then get your transcript evaluated by a credential evaluation service such as World Education Services or Educational Credential Evaluators.

3.) Submit proof of English proficiency

If you are transferring from a US institution or have been educated in one of the English proficiency waiver countries, the English proficiency requirement is waived.

Possibilities for meeting the English Language Proficiency requirement include:

  • Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - institution code: 6885
    • Internet-based score - 79 or higher
    • Paper-based score - 550 or higher
  • International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
    • Overall band score of 6.0 or higher
    • Writing band score of 6.0 or higher
  • Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB)
    • 77 or higher
  • Malaysian University English Test (MUET)
    • 5.0 or higher
  • Oxford Online Placement Test
    • 75 or higher
  • Pearson Test of English (PTE)
    • 48 or higher
  • Graduate Test of English Comprehension (GTEC)
    • 1150 or higher

* Test scores must be within the last two calendar years

To expedite your immigration paperwork, please provide the following along with your application materials:

1.) Submit a copy of your passport biographical page
2.) Submit financial documents

International students must submit financial documents as evidence of the ability to pay all fees and expenses for one full year. All financial documents must be originals (no faxes, scans or copies will be accepted), in English and no older than six months. Please see the Financial Requirements Form to determine how much the financial statements must show.

If you will be supported by a family member or another person, you must also submit the Affidavit of Support.

3.)  Pay the deposit

To find the deposit, you will need to click on this link, find the "Center for International Education - Make your CIE payments here" and make the payment under the "Non-Refundable International Enrollment Deposit".

Once ready, please mail all of the original documents (no copies) to the following address:

Upper Iowa University
Center for International Education
PO Box 1857
Fayette, IA 52142 USA

If you have any questions about the application process, please contact us at +1 (563) 425-5995, or via e-mail, at