After-Hours Emergency Maintenance Requests
What is an emergency request, and what can wait?
For After-hour Emergency Maintenance Requests, call 563.419.4176.
What is an Emergency?
A maintenance emergency is something that, if it isn’t repaired immediately, could cause injury, threaten your health, or cause serious property damage. This may include:
- A broken water line or flooding
- Fire (call 911 first, then maintenance)
- A broken gas line or leak (natural gas smells like rotten eggs)
- A broken lock on your door
- No air conditioning in hot weather
- No heat in freezing weather
- A sewer back-up
What isn’t an Emergency?
Not every maintenance issue is an emergency. If, for example, you have a minor drip under your kitchen sink that can be contained with a bucket, you’ll definitely want maintenance to take a look, but it isn’t an emergency. Here are some other situations where you should consider submitting a routine maintenance request:
- A broken air conditioner when the temperature outside is below 90 degrees
- A broken heater when the temperature outside is above 50 degrees
- Your ice maker stopped working
- The stove burner isn’t heating up
- There’s no hot water
- A lightbulb went out
If you determine that the issue isn’t an emergency, you should still go ahead and submit a maintenance request to be handled during normal business hours. Be aware that it may take a few days to get the issue resolved since the maintenance team will handle emergencies before tackling other repairs, so be patient.
Use Your Best Judgement
Sometimes, other factors may help you determine when to submit a maintenance request. For example, if you get up for a midnight snack and notice that your fridge isn’t as cold as it should be, this is a problem that needs to be solved quickly — but it could probably wait until morning if you keep the refrigerator door closed until then.
Facilities Management and Services
Email: [email protected]
Monday – Friday (except Holidays)
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
210 Wadena Road
P.O. Box 1857
Fayette, IA 52142
- Director of Facilities: 563.425.5760
- Grounds Department: 563.425.5286
- Housekeeping Department: 563.425.5373
- Maintenance Department: 563.425.5262
- Non-emergency Requests: 563.425.5796