Save the date for next year's
Homecoming set for October 3-5, 2019
Each year we are excited to involve UIU students, faculty and staff, the Fayette community
and especially welcome alumni back to campus. The Homecoming Committee is working diligently year-round
to make this a special Homecoming celebration for you. If you have suggestions or
want to volunteer please contact the Alumni Office at email@example.com or 563-425-5388.
Many more events will be finalized in the Spring, until then - here's a snapshot of
how the weekend will unfold. We hope to see you in October!
Check out the photos from Homecoming 2018 by clicking here!
2019 Tentative Homecoming Itinerary:
Thursday, Oct. 3
- Welcome Home Dinner - Maue Atrium in the Andres Center for Business and Education, 5:30 p.m. - This all-class reunion dinner, hosted by the Alumni Association, is a perfect way
to start your weekend. Reception begins at 5:30 p.m., with dinner buffet served at
6 p.m. Cost for this event and buffet-style meal is $15. RSVP required.
- Pep Rally, Bonfire and Coronation - East of Victory Gate/Peacock Pavilion Tailgate Area, 7:30 p.m. - Don't miss this Homecoming tradition, sure to energize you for a whole weekend of
Peacock fun. Rain location is Dorman Gymnasium. Refreshments will be served.
Friday, Oct. 4
- Research, Internship & Creative Endeavors - Baker-Hebron Hall and Garbee Hall (Lower Level), 1 - 2:30 p.m. - Join the School of Science and Mathematics in viewing posters detailing the activities
and work of many of the school's undergraduates.
- 7th Annual President's Ball - Student Center Ballroom, 5:30 p.m. - Upper Iowa University invites you to "DREAM!"
Join us for an evening of fun, friendship and fundraising during the 7th Annual President's
Ball. Guests may enjoy a cocktail reception at 5:30 p.m., with a dinner program and
dancing to follow. More details are available at uiu.edu/presidentsball.
Saturday, Oct. 5
- Pastries for Peacocks - Student Center, 8-9:30 a.m. - Stop by for morning treats and coffee. Flip through old yearbooks and be sure to sign
the alumni guest book.
- Alumni Awards & Honor Class Brunch - Student Center Ballroom, 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. - This event will honor the classes of '59, '69, '79, '89, '94 and '99. A special gift will be presented to members of the 50-year class. In addition our
distinguished Alumni Award honorees will be recognized as well as our Heritage Society Members. To submit an Alumni Awards Nomination, click here. Brunch buffet begins at 9:30 and the program will begin at 10 a.m. This event is
complimentary to all guests but RSVP is required.
- Homecoming Parade - Downtown Fayette, noon - This tradition is an alumni favorite. Make your way downtown and enjoy the parade
with your UIU family. Click here to submit a parade entry form.
- Alumni Tailgate - Tailgate area, 1:30-3 p.m. - All are invited to our pregame party! The classes of '04, '09 and '14 are celebrating
their 5, 10 and 15-year reunions and will receive a special gift for stopping by.
- UIU Homecoming Football Game - Harms-Eischeid Stadium, 3:05 p.m. kickoff - Come cheer the Peacocks to victory! Admission prices are $12 for adults, $5 for ages 5-18
and kids under 5 are free.
Throughout Homecoming week, UIU students will be hosting several events and activities.
Peacock Pride will be spread city and campus-wide as they partake in the following:
- Sunday - Student Fashion Show, hosted by Beta Theta Omega
- Monday - Flag and Powderpuff Football Games
- Tuesday - Window Painting; King & Queen Voting
- Wednesday - Sidewalk Chalk Challenge & Special Performance
For all the details on student activities, visit uiu.edu/getinvolved or facebook.com/UIUStudentActivities.
- Blue Pride Fayette Wide - Show your school spirit by entering the Blue Pride Fayette Wide decorating contest!
To participate, send your name and street address or campus location to firstname.lastname@example.org along with photos and/or video of your submission by Thursday, October for judging.
A community and campus winner will be announced on Monday after the festivities. Prizes
will be awarded.
- Tell Your UIU Story - Hendersen-Wilder Library - Share your stores of your time at UIU and after graduation. Write your story in our
new online Peacock Proud Discussion Board, or add your verbal history to the UIU Archives self-service recording booth in the
library. Contact UIU Archivist, Janette Garcia at 563-425-5722 or email@example.com.
- UIU Art Exhibition - Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery - Featured artist will be announced soon! The gallery will be open Friday 8 a.m. - 7 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sunday
8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- UIU Homecoming Archives and Take-Away Display - Location TBD - Take a walk down memory lane and view memorabilia from UIU history. Feel free to take
any photographs displayed outside of the glass case.
- Alumni Gale Database Tutorials – Henderson-Wilder Library – The Library’s Gale Databases are available to alumni to search articles in a wide
variety of subjects. Gale is a family of full text databases of content from academic
journals and general magazines. Join us to learn about articles you're interested
in and learn how to navigate this new tool.
Additional Information & Resources:
- UIU is proud of our beautiful facilities. During your Homecoming visit, we hope you
make time to tour campus. For those of you who have not been to campus recently, you
may need to access our Fayette Campus Map + Schedule.
- For more information on lodging, dining, directions and other travel information,
- Please contact the Alumni Office with Homecoming questions at 563-425-5388 or firstname.lastname@example.org.