Save the date for October 11-13, 2018. Each year we are excited to involve UIU students, faculty and staff, the Fayette community and especially welcome back to campus our alumni. The Homecoming Committee is working diligently to ensure this is another successful Homecoming celebration.
Many more events will be finalized soon, until then - here's a snapshot of how the weekend will unfold. We hope to see you in October!
2018 Homecoming Itinerary:
Thursday, Oct. 11, 2018
- Welcome Home Dinner - Maue Atrium in the Andres Center for Business and Education, 5:30 p.m. - This all-class reunion dinner, hosted by the Alumni Association, is a perfect way
to start your weekend. Reception begins at 5:30 p.m., with dinner buffet served at
6 p.m. Cost for this event and buffet-style meal is $15. RSVP required.
- Pep Rally, Bonfire and Coronation - East of Victory Gate/Peacock Pavilion Tailgate Area, 7:30 p.m. - Don't miss this Homecoming tradition, sure to energize you for a whole weekend of
Peacock fun. Rain location is Dorman Gymnasium.
Friday, Oct. 12, 2018
- Pastries for Peacocks - Alumni House, 9 a.m.-noon - Stop by the Alumni House for morning treats and coffee. Flip through old yearbooks
and be sure to sign the alumni guest book. Guided campus tours will be available.
- Agates, Crystals and Geodes Display - Garbee Hall (Lower Lobby), 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. - Featuring specimens from the collection donated to UIU by Burton and Dorthea ’71 Odekirk
and Leora Sullivan ’61. Guests are invited to have rocks or fossils from their own
collection identified by UIU Professor of Geosciences, Dr. Kata McCarville. Bring
the specimen or digital image with you.
- Alumni Gale Database Searching –Henderson-Wilder Library, 11:30 a.m. – The Library’s Gale Databases are available to alumni to search articles in a wide
variety of subjects. Gale is a family of full text databases of content from academic
journals and general magazines. Join us to learn about articles you're interested
in and learn how to navigate this new tool.
- Art Reception - Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery, 12:15 - 1:30 p.m. - Featured artist, Lee Emma Running, will collaborate with the Upper Iowa University
Herbarium, collected by Dr. Charles Coleman "C.C." Parker during the latter half of
the 19th century here in Fayette. Guests may enjoy a meet-and-greet with Professor
of Science, Dr. Scott Figdore.
- Research, Internship & Creative Endeavors - Baker-Hebron Hall and Garbee Hall (Lower Level), 1 - 2:30 p.m. - Join the School of Science and Mathematics in viewing posters detailing the activities and work of many of the school's undergraduates.
- President's Ball - Student Center Ballroom, 5:30 p.m. - "Ignite the Night" and join us for an evening of fun, friendship and fundraising during the 6th Annual President's Ball. Guests may enjoy a cocktail reception at 5:30 p.m., with a dinner program and dancing to follow. Register now and enjoy the early Peacock discount of $85 per person. Tickets are $100 after September 17. More details are available at uiu.edu/presidentsball.
Saturday, Oct. 13, 2018
- Homecoming Parade - Downtown Fayette, 10 a.m. - This tradition is an alumni favorite. Make your way downtown and enjoy the parade
with your UIU family. Click here to submit a parade entry form.
- Alumni Awards & Honor Class Luncheon - Student Center Ballroom, 11 a.m. - This event will honor the classes of '58, '68, '78, '88, '93 and '98. A special gift will be presented to members of the 50-year class. In addition our
distinguished Alumni Award honorees will be recognized as well as our Heritage Society Members. To submit an Alumni Awards Nomination, click here. (The deadline has passed for the 2018 awards, but all new submissions will be considered
for our 2019 awards.)
- Alumni Tailgate - Harms-Eischeid Stadium (north patio), 12 - 2 p.m. - All are invited to our pregame party! The classes of '03, '08 and '13 are celebrating
reunions and will receive a special gift for stopping by.
- UIU Homecoming Football Game - Harms-Eischeid Stadium, 2:05 p.m. kickoff - Come cheer the Peacocks to victory as they take on Bemidji State Beavers.
Throughout Homecoming week, UIU students will be hosting several events and activities. Peacock Pride will be spread city and campus-wide as they partake in the following:
- Sunday - Student Fashion Show, hosted by Beta Theta Omega
- Monday - Flag and Powderpuff Football Games
- Tuesday - Window Painting; King & Queen Voting
- Wednesday - Sidewalk Chalk Challenge & Special Performance
- Sunday - Greek Picnic Cookout
- Blue Pride Fayette Wide - Show your school spirit by entering the Blue Pride Fayette Wide decorating contest!
To participate, send your name and street address or campus location to email@example.com. Decorations must be in place by Thursday, October 11 at noon for judging. A community
and campus winner will be announced on Saturday.
- Tell Your UIU Story - Henderson-Wilder Library - Share your stories of your time at UIU and after graduation. Write your story in our
new Peacock Proud Discussion Board – OR – Add your oral history to the UIU Archives self-service recording booth in
the Library. Contact UIU Archivist, Janette Garcia at 563-425-5722 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Art Exhibition - Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery - Featured artist, Lee Emma Running, will collaborate with the Upper Iowa University
Herbarium, collected by Dr. C.C. Parker during the latter half of the 19th century
here in Fayette. The gallery will be open Friday 8 a.m. - 7 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sunday
8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- UIU Homecoming Archives and Take-Away Display - Student Center, 2nd Floor - Take a walk down memory lane and view memorabilia from UIU history. Feel free to take any photographs displayed outside of the glass case.
Additional Information & Resources:
- UIU is proud of our beautiful facilities. During your Homecoming visit, we hope you make time to tour campus. For those of you who have not been to campus recently, you may need to access our Fayette Campus Map.
- For more information on lodging, dining, directions and other travel information, click here.
- Please contact Upper Iowa University Office of Institutional Advancement & Alumni Development with questions or if you would like to volunteer during Homecoming. 563.425.5388 or email@example.com.