Save the Date for Homecoming!
October 1-3, 2020
Each year we are excited to involve UIU students, faculty and staff, the Fayette community and especially welcome alumni back to campus. The Homecoming Committee is working diligently year-round to make this a special Homecoming celebration for you. If you have suggestions or want to volunteer please contact the Alumni Office at email@example.com or 563-425-5388.
Below is last year's schedule to give you an idea for all the festivities that take place during this exciting weekend. We hope to see you in Fayette next year!
2019 Homecoming Itinerary:
Thursday, Oct. 3
- Welcome Home Dinner - Maue Atrium in the Andres Center for Business and Education, 5:30 p.m. - This all-class reunion dinner, hosted by the Alumni Association, is a perfect way
to start your weekend. Reception begins at 5:30 p.m., with dinner buffet served at
6 p.m. Cost for this event and buffet-style meal is $15. RSVP required.
- Pep Rally, Bonfire and Coronation - East of Victory Gate/Peacock Pavilion Tailgate Area, 7:30 p.m. - Don't miss this Homecoming tradition, sure to energize you for a whole weekend of Peacock fun. Rain location is Dorman Gymnasium. Refreshments will be served.
Friday, Oct. 4
- Campus Tours - Alumni House - UIU students will lead campus tours at 10, 10:30, 11, and 11:30 a.m. Be sure to
sign the historic alumni registry book.
- Research, Internship & Creative Endeavors - Baker-Hebron Hall and Garbee Hall (Lower Level), 1 - 2:30 p.m. - Join the Department of Biology and Chemistry and the Department of Geosciences, Geography and Mathematical Sciences in viewing posters detailing the activities and work of many of the school's undergraduates.
- UIU Women's Soccer - Pattison Field, 1 p.m. - UIU vs. MSU Moorhead
- UIU Men's Soccer - Pattison Field, 3:30 p.m. - UIU vs. Davenport University
- 7th Annual President's Ball - Student Center Ballroom, 5:30 p.m. - Upper Iowa University invites you to "IMAGINE!" Join us for an evening of fun, friendship and fundraising during the 7th Annual President's Ball. Guests may enjoy a cocktail reception at 5:30 p.m., with a dinner program and dancing to follow. More details are available at uiu.edu/presidentsball.
Saturday, Oct. 5
- Archives Take-Away Display & Social - Student Center main level, 8:30 a.m. - Take a trip down memory lane! If you RSVP'd for the weekend, we will do our best to pull photos and articles from UIU Archives that you are featured in. Feel free to take items home with you! Coffee available for guests.
- Alumni Awards & Honor Class Brunch - Student Center Ballroom, 9:30 a.m. - This event will honor the classes of '59, '69, '79, '89, '94 and '99. A special gift will be presented to members of the 50-year class. In addition our
distinguished Alumni Award honorees and members of the Heritage Society will be recognized. The brunch is complimentary to all alumni and friends, but RSVP is required.
To submit an Alumni Awards Nomination for Homecoming 2020, click here.
- Homecoming Parade - Downtown Fayette, Noon - This tradition is an alumni favorite. Make your way downtown and enjoy the parade
with your UIU family. Click here to submit a parade entry form.
- Live Music - Tailgate area, 12-2 p.m. - Don't miss country/rock acoustic guitarist, Beau Timmerman. Special thanks to the Peacock Tailgate Association for providing this free entertainment.
- UIU Heritage, History and Headstones Tour - Hendersen-Wilder Library, 1-2 p.m., Meet in the library to enjoy a guided tour with
Dr. Kata McCarville of the highlights of Grandview Cemetery. Self-guided tour maps
will also be available for pickup at the circulation desk.
- Alumni Tailgate - Tailgate area, 1:30-3 p.m. - All are invited to our pregame party! The classes of '04, '09 and '14 are celebrating
their 5, 10 and 15-year reunions and will receive a special gift for stopping by.
- Football Alumni Victory Walk - Tailgate area, 1:45 p.m. - Gather with fellow Peacock football alums and lead our team to the field.
- UIU Homecoming Football Game - Harms-Eischeid Stadium, 3:05 p.m. kickoff - Come cheer the Peacocks to victory as they take on Northern State! Admission prices are $15 for adults, $10 for ages 5-18 and kids under 5 are free.
Sunday, Oct. 6
- UIU Women's Soccer - Pattison Field, 12 p.m. - UIU vs. Northern State
- UIU Men's Soccer - Pattison Field, 2:30 p.m. - UIU vs. Ashland University
Student Homecoming Traditions
Throughout Homecoming week, UIU students will be hosting several events and activities:
- Sunday - Student Fashion Show, hosted by Beta Theta Omega
- Monday - Window Painting
- Tuesday - King & Queen Voting
- Wednesday - Sidewalk Chalk Challenge and Juggling Performance
- Thursday - Pep Rally, Bonfire and Coronation
- Blue Pride Fayette Wide - Show your school spirit by entering the Blue Pride Fayette Wide decorating contest!
To participate, send your name and street address or campus location to firstname.lastname@example.org along with photos and/or video of your submission by Thursday, October for judging.
A community and campus winner will be announced on Monday after the festivities. Prizes
will be awarded.
- Tell Your UIU Story - Hendersen-Wilder Library - Share your stores of your time at UIU and after graduation. Write your story in our
new online Peacock Proud Discussion Board, or add your verbal history to the UIU Archives self-service recording booth in the
library. Contact UIU Archivist, Janette Garcia at 563-425-5722 or email@example.com.
- UIU Art Exhibition - Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery - Featured artist will be Leslie Barlow, of Minneapolis, MN. The gallery will be open Friday 8 a.m. - 7 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sunday
8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Alumni Access to Library Journals and Articles - Henderson-Wilder Library – The Library’s Gale Databases are available to alumni to search articles in a wide
variety of subjects. Gale is a family of full text databases of content from academic
journals and general magazines. Join us to learn about articles you're interested
in and learn how to navigate this new tool.
- Shop the Campus Store - Student Center – Open Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Additional Information & Resources:
- UIU is proud of our beautiful facilities. During your Homecoming visit, we hope you make time to tour campus. For those of you who have not been to campus recently, you may need to access our Fayette Campus Map + Schedule.
- For more information on lodging, dining, directions and other travel information, click here.
- Please contact the Alumni Office with Homecoming questions at 563-425-5388 or firstname.lastname@example.org.