Homecoming 2018, October 11-13!
Save the date for October 11-13, 2018. Each year we are excited to involve UIU students, faculty and staff, the Fayette community and especially welcome back to campus our alumni. The Homecoming Committee is working diligently to ensure this is another successful Homecoming celebration.
Many more events will be finalized soon, until then - here's a snapshot of how the weekend will unfold. We hope to see you in October!
2018 Homecoming Itinerary:
Thursday, Oct. 11, 2018
- Welcome Home Dinner - Maue Atrium in the Andres Center for Business and Education, 6 p.m. - This all-class reunion dinner, hosted by the Alumni Association, is a perfect way
to start your weekend. Guests may enjoy a buffet style meal (cash bar), and a beautiful
atmosphere on central camps to reunite with fellow Peacocks. Reception begins at 5:30
p.m., with dinner served at 6 p.m.
- Pep Rally, Bonfire and Coronation - East of Victory Gate/Peacock Pavilion Tailgate Area, 7:30 p.m. - Don't miss this Homecoming tradition, sure to energize you for a whole weekend of
Friday, Oct. 12, 2018
- Pastries for Peacocks - Parker-Fox Hall, 9 a.m. - Stop by the Alumni Office for morning treats and coffee. Flip through old yearbooks
and be sure to sign the alumni guest book. Guided campus tours will be available.
- Iowa's Fossil History Exhibit - Henderson-Wilder Library, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. - Following a brief presentation at 10:30
a.m. by UIU Professor of Geosciences Kata McCarville, guests are invited to have
rocks or fossils from their own collection identified. Please bring the specimen or
a digital image.
- Research, Internship & Creative Endeavors - Baker-Hebron Hall and Garbee Hall (Lower Level), 1 - 2:30 p.m. - Join the School of Science and Mathematics in viewing posters detailing the activities and work of many of the school's undergraduates.
- President's Ball - Student Center Ballroom, 5:30 p.m. - Join us for an evening of fun, friendship and fundraising at the 5th Annual President's Ball. Guests may enjoy a cocktail reception at 5:30 p.m., with a dinner program and dancing to follow. More details are available at uiu.edu/presidentsball.
Saturday, Oct. 13, 2018
- Homecoming Parade - Downtown Fayette, 10 a.m. - This tradition is an alumni favorite. Make your way downtown and enjoy the parade
with your UIU family. Click here to submit a parade entry form.
- Alumni Awards & Honor Class Luncheon - Student Center Ballroom, 11 a.m. - This event will honor the classes of '48, '58, '68, '78, '93 and '08 as well as recognize
our distinguished 2018 Alumni Award recipients and Heritage Society Members. A special
gift will be presented to members of the 50-year class.
- UIU Homecoming Football Game - Harms-Eischeid Stadium, time to be determined.
Throughout Homecoming week, UIU students will be hosting several events and activities. Peacock Pride will be spread city and campus-wide as they partake in the following:
- Sunday - Student Fashion Show, hosted by Beta Theta Omega
- Monday - Comedy Night
- Tuesday - Window Painting; King & Queen Voting
- Wednesday - Sidewalk Chalk Challenge
- Sunday - Greek Picnic Cookout
- Blue Pride Fayette Wide - Show your school spirit by entering the Blue Pride Fayette Wide decorating contest!
To participate, send your name and street address or campus location to email@example.com. Decorations must be in place by Thursday, October 11 at noon for judging. A community
and campus winner will be announced on Saturday.
- Tell Your UIU Story - Henderson-Wilder Library - Add your oral history to the UIU Archives by sharing stories of your time at UIU
and after graduation. The recording booth, near the check-out desk, is self-service.
To arrange an alternative time, contact UIU Archivist, Janette Garcia at 563-425-5722 or
- Art Reception - Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery - This year's artist showcase is to be determined. The gallery will be open Friday 8 a.m. - 7 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sunday
8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- UIU Homecoming Archives Display - Student Center, 2nd Floor - Take a walk down memory lane and view memorabilia from previous UIU Homecomings.
- Minerals, Rocks & Fossils Display - Garbee Hall Sustainability Solarium
Additional Information & Resources:
(coffeehouse, gifts and UIU apparel)
|Located in downtown Fayette, Pavo Blue will be open:
Thursday and Friday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday: 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
|Handicapped Parking||Several designated parking areas are available on campus.|
UIU is proud of our beautiful facilities. During your Homecoming visit, we hope you make time to tour campus. For those of you who have not been to campus recently, you may need to access our Fayette Campus Map.
Please contact Upper Iowa University Office of Institutional Advancement & Alumni Development with questions or if you would like to volunteer during Homecoming. 563.425.5388 or firstname.lastname@example.org.