Intensive English Program (IEP)
Upper Iowa University’s Intensive English Program (IEP) welcomes you!
The information you find here on our webpage will help you better understand our program. You will also find some resources that can support your English development. Our goal is to provide students English and cultural preparation for successful integration into undergraduate studies, campus life, and the community. Thank you for visiting us online!
Mission Statement of IEP
The Intensive English Program at Upper Iowa University is committed to academically, culturally, and socially preparing English language learners for successful integration into university classes, campus life, and their community in the United States, leading them to be productive in their chosen fields, and active and respected individuals in a global society.
Why Choose Upper Iowa University?
- Small class sizes and individualized attention from teachers
- Six field trips per traditional semester to surrounding cities and cultural sites at no additional cost
- A small, close-knit campus and a safe, quiet town
- Rolling admission, meaning students can apply anytime with no deadlines
- No minimum English requirement
- Completion of the Intensive English Program (IEP) means automatic admission to Upper Iowa University (UIU) for conditionally admitted students
The Intensive English Program offers five courses in three levels of proficiency: Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced.
International Student Assistants
International and American undergraduate students serve as International Student Assistants to support the IEP students both academically and socially.
Admission to UIU
Completion of the Intensive English Program (IEP) means automatic admission to Upper Iowa University (UIU) for conditionally admitted students.