Classes start every 8 weeks
You never have to wait very long to earn your college degree at the UIU-Milwaukee Center, conveniently located next to State Fair Park. Whether it's the first time in your life or you're coming back after 20 years, Upper Iowa University will work with you to fit college into your busy life.
At UIU, I took all my classes online and had an amazing Milwaukee Center academic advisor that helped me every step of the way to make sure I was on track to graduate on time! I didn’t feel like just another number in their school, I felt like a student that they were committed to helping during this journey. I personally appreciate the support and commitment that I have received. I am positive that students will receive the respect and motivation that they need and deserve!
Jasmine Suggs, UIU Class of 2011
The Upper Iowa Center in Milwaukee, WI, opened in 1992 and serves more than 460 students. It is one of three UIU centers in the area that also includes Elkhorn and Racine. Our courses are taught by faculty who meet high academic standards and they draw from their practical experiences in the field.
Courses are offered during six eight-week terms.
2015 - 16 Academic Year
- Term 1 (August 24, 2015 - October 18, 2015)
- Term 2 (October 19, 2015 - December 13, 2015)
- Term 3 (January 4, 2016 - February 28, 2016)
- Term 4 (February 29, 2016 - May 1, 2016)
- Term 5 (May 2, 2016 - June 26, 2016)
- Term 6 (June 27, 2016 - August 21, 2016)
Note: Classes meet once per week and are offered Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. or 5:30 to 10 p.m. or on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Current Class Schedule
Stop by or call the UIU-Milwaukee Center to find out more about our schedule of daytime, evening and weekend courses or the Upper Iowa online and self-paced programs. Here are some points to remember:
- Students typically take just 2 courses each term and graduate on schedule
- You can transfer in up to 90 college credits.
- We have knowledgeable Academic Advisors on hand to help tailor your academic plan to meet your busy schedule.
- Our experienced Financial Aid Advisors on site will advise you on your financial aid options.
- UIU also offers degrees on the Fayette campus, and through the online and self-paced programs.
Contact Upper Iowa University — Milwaukee (next to State Fair Park) at:
620 S. 76th Street, Suite 100
Milwaukee, WI 53214
Or contact the UIU-Milwaukee Area Admissions Advisor Regina Shirkey at 414-475-4843, firstname.lastname@example.org.
9 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday - Thursday
8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Friday
Elkhorn and Racine
We also offer classes in Elkhorn and Racine, at Gateway Technical College, and so students don't need to travel far to find a UIU location, or classes that meet their degree plan. For those students who want information about our Elkhorn Center and Racine course location, they can contact
Lynne Zygowski, Academic Advisor at 262-741-8454 or 262-619-7042, email@example.com.
You can get information on any of the following majors from the UIU-Milwaukee Center. Some are available at the center and others are available as online courses. Many students blend their degree plan, by taking some face-to-face courses and some online courses. Check with your Academic Advisor for more details about any of these programs.
Associate of Arts
- Criminal Justice
- General Business
- Liberal Arts
- Art Administration
- Communication Studies
- Emergency and Disaster Management
- Forensics/Criminalistics (NEW)
- Human Resources Management
- Organizational Leadership
- Psychology (NEW)
Social Work Training Certificate (SWTC)
- UIU Milwaukee and Elkhorn/Racine offer the courses required by the State of Wisconsin, and the internship program, as part of the Human Services, Psychology or Criminal Justice degree programs.
- Students can take the SWTC courses as part of their degree plan, or as non-degree seeking students.
Master Degrees (online only)