Why choose UIU
Founded in 1857, Upper Iowa University is a private, not-for-profit university providing educational excellence and leadership development to nearly 7,000 students — both nationally and internationally — at our traditional campus in picturesque Fayette, Iowa; through our various Online degree programs; at our U.S. centers; through our Self-Paced Degree Program; and at our international centers.
- Academically qualified faculty with practitioner experience
- No on campus residency
- Provides flexibility to balance family, career, and your education
- Regionally accredited
- Provides the flexibility to balance family, career, and your education
- Six, eight-week terms each year
- Ranked in the top 10% of online programs nationwide by Online Education Database (OEDb)
What is an MPA degree?
A Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree is considered a professional degree for those pursuing management related careers in government, nonprofit organizations, and even in the for profit sector. The degree helps students develop the skills necessary to make a positive contribution within the organization and in the public policy arena. These skills include problem solving, leadership and the ability to make connections between theory and practice so practical applications can be creatively developed and effectively implemented to solve societal problems.
Coursework within the degree emphasizes ethics, management, finance and budgeting, policy analysis, and an appreciation for how political, social, legal, and economic institutions and processes shape administrative behavior.
Emphasis areas in the MPA degree include:
- General Studies
- Government Administration
- Health and Human Services
- Justice and Homeland Security
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Public Personnel Management
Request more information today by completing the form on the right or contacting our office at