In order to apply as a freshman student, please submit the following documents:
1.) Complete the online application
2.) Submit OFFICIAL transcripts
Submit OFFICIAL transcripts for secondary schools and any university/college(s) that you have attended. All transcripts must be in English.
For Nigerian Students Only: In lieu of official secondary transcripts, you must provide us with your official WAEC/WASSCE scratch card.
3.) Submit proof of English proficiency
If you are transferring from a US institution or have been educated in one of the English proficiency waiver countries, the English proficiency requirement is waived.
Possibilities for meeting the English Language Proficiency requirement include:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - institution code: 6885
- Internet-based score - 61 or higher
- Paper-based score - 500 or higher
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Overall band score of 5.0 or higher
- Writing band score of 5.0 or higher
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB)
- Malaysian University English Test (MUET)
- Cambridge O Level English Language Exam
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) (English Subject)
- HKCEE English Language (Syllabus B)
- HKALE English Language (AS Level)
- ELS® Language Center
- SAT - institution code: 6885
- Minimum critical reading sub-score of 430 or higher
- ACT - institution code: 1360
- Minimum English sub-score of 18 or higher
* Test scores must be within the last two calendar years
UIU CIE reserves the right to request additional documentation and/or conduct interviews when it is appropriate in order to make an admissions decision.
In order to expedite your immigration paperwork, we recommend you provide the following documents along with your application materials:
1.) Submit a copy of your passport biographical page
2.) Submit financial documents
International students must submit financial documents as evidence of the ability to pay all fees and expenses for one full year. All financial documents must be originals (no faxes, scans or copies will be accepted), in English and no older than six months. Please see the Financial Requirements Form to determine how much the financial statements must show.
If you will be supported by a family member or another person, you must also submit the Affidavit of Support.
Once ready, please mail all of the original documents (no copies) to the following address:
Upper Iowa University
Center for International Education
605 Washington Street
Fayette, IA 52142 USA
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact us at +1 (563) 425-5884, or via e-mail, at email@example.com.