As a human resources manager, you will work to improve morale and productivity and to limit job turnover in the workplace. You will provide training opportunities to enhance employee skills and improve job satisfaction and working conditions. Dealing with people is an essential part of the job, and the Human Resources Management major will ensure that you are capable of dealing with such issues as employee benefits, recruiting, interviewing, and hiring.
You will take various business courses, which are essential to the human resources function at any organization, as well as courses in specific concerns such as labor relations, organizational behavior, business communications, industrial psychology and leadership.
LOCATION: UIU Educational Centers, Online, and Independent Study Program.
MAJOR IN HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- (3) BA 317 International Management
- (3) BA 361 Human Resources Management
- (3) BA 371 Training and Development
- (3) BA 383 Compensation and Benefits Management
- (3) BA 393 Personnel Selection and Evaluation
- (3) BA 411 Labor Relations and Negotiation
One of the following (3):
- PSY/SOC 232 Group Dynamics
- SOC 240 Diverse Cultures in America
- BA 362 Supervision
- BA 365 Leadership Theory
- BA 367 Cross-Cultural Leadership
- BA 415 Cross-Cultural Negotiations
- PSY 440 Industrial Psychology
- BA/PSY 474 Organizational Behavior
- (3) ID 498 _05 Senior Project
Total: 24 credits