We offer renewable merit scholarships that range from $5,000 to $17,000 to incoming freshman at the Fayette campus.
Students must apply to renew scholarships each year and must maintain the academic standards specified. Although some scholarships and grants are not based upon financial need, the amount of an award would be reduced only to comply with state or federal requirements.
In addition, the University awards more than $100,000 each year to its current students who are selected by the UIU Honors and Awards Committee. A sample list of those awards is available online.
Renewable Merit Scholarships for Freshman
- Trustee Scholarship - $17,000 per academic year for full-time enrollment
- Presidential Scholarship - $14,000 per academic year for full-time enrollment
- Dean's Scholarship - $11,000 per academic year for full-time enrollment
- Achievement Scholarship - $5,000 per academic year for full-time enrollment
Academic Scholarships for Transfer Students
- Alexander Scholarship (Renewable) - $13,000 for students with a minimum cumulative transfer GPA of 3.5 or above
- Mott Scholarship (Renewable) - $11,000 for students with a minimum cumulative transfer GPA of 3.0 or above
- Albright Scholarship (Renewable) - $7,500 for students with a minimum cumulative transfer GPA 2.0 - 2.99
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship (Renewable) - 10 $1,000 scholarships for students with a minimum 3.5 cumulative transfer GPA and 30 completed credit hours (at the time of application). Students must be members of Phi Theta Kappa, verified by providing a copy of PTK membership to the UIU Admissions Office.
General Renewable Scholarships
- Alumni Scholarships are available to sons and/or daughters of previous graduates of Upper Iowa University. Students must be enrolled full-time students during the fall and/or spring semester to qualify for this grant. This grant will apply to all children, including adopted or legal stepchildren and will not exclude those children who are independent of the family due to marriage or age.
- Upper Iowa University Grants are made available to students who show strong academic promise, are capable of doing satisfactory college-level work, and have demonstrated financial need. The amount of remaining financial need will determine the amount of the award. To be eligible, students must gain admission to the University as regular, full-time students and apply for financial assistance.