- An application for admission.
- International applicants must complete the UIU Application found online at www.uiu.edu/calltoaction/apply.html. However, you may also submit a paper international student application form if you prefer.
- Original or certified copies of your secondary school transcripts or mark sheets.
- These copies should be signed by the granting institution*
- The results of your final secondary school examination (school leaving certificate) and the results of any national examination (if applicable).
- If you have not yet taken these examinations, submit them later once you have completed the exams. Please note: An original or certified copy of a document must include a stamp/seal and signature from school official or notary, which certifies the document as a copy of an original. Each document should be submitted in English. If the document is not available in English from the school, please submit a complete and literal translation using the same format as the original document.
- For transfer students only, we also require original or certified copies of university-level transcripts.
- Please note: An original or certified copy of a document must include a stamp/seal and signature from school official or notary, which certifies the document as a copy of an original. Each document should be submitted in English. If the document is not available in English from the school, please submit a complete and literal translation using the same format as the original document.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency:
Possibilities for meeting the English Language Proficiency requirement include:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) - institution code: 6885
- Internet-based score - 61 or higher
- Paper-based score - 500 or higher
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Overall band score of 5.0 or higher
- Writing band score of 5.0 or higher
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB)
- Malaysian University English Test (MUET)
- ELS® Language Center
- SAT - institution code: 6885
- Minimum critical reading sub-score of 430 or higher
- ACT - institution code: 1360
- Minimum English sub-score of 18 or higher
* Test scores must be within the last two calendar years
If you are transferring from a US institution or have been educated in a country where the official language of instruction is English, please contact the Office of International Programs for more information about meeting the English Language Proficiency requirement.
Applicants who do not meet UIU's English Language Proficiency requirement are welcome to apply for our English as a Second Language (ESL) program. Click here for more information about the ESL program.
- Certified bank statements
- You should provide certified bank statements or other documents that provide evidence of your ability to finance your portion of costs minus any awarded scholarships.
- To be considered for an international student scholarship, make sure to submit the following items:
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, or advisers. Click here to download.
- Short 1-2 page maximum self assessment essay on the topic of your choice
How can I check my admissions status?
You can check your admission status via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, via letter at 605 Washington Street Fayette, Iowa 52142 USA, or by phone at +1-563-425-5251.
When will you issue my I-20?
Upper Iowa University’s Office of International Programs will issue each student an I-20 after a student has completed the application process and made any required deposits.