The UIU nursing program requires the successful completion of 12 courses (35 credit
hours). The BSN degree requires the successful completion of a total of 120 semester
hours, including transfer credit and credit for coursework completed at UIU.
- MATH 220 Elementary Statistics**
- NUR 305 Professional Communication for Nurses
- NUR 315 Professional Nursing Practice
- NUR 325 Integrated Concepts of Nursing Care l
- NUR 335 Integrated Concepts of Nursing Care ll
- NUR 400 Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing
- NUR 340 Community Health Nursing (38 hours of project-based practicum)
- NUR 420 Nursing Leadership and Management
- NUR 450 Nursing Concepts Capstone l (38 hours of project-based practicum)
- NUR 455 Nursing Concepts Capstone ll (38 hours of project-based practicum)
**MATH 220 Faculty assume you are prepared to take college level math.
After a math assessment, we may recommend or require additional preparatory math before
beginning MATH 220.
Two nursing electives are required. Your elective choices include:
- NUR 352 Exploring Transcultural Nursing (includes travel abroad experience)
- NUR 430 History of Nursing
- NUR 432 Honoring Self-Care: Balancing Mind, Body, and Spirit
- NUR 434 Introduction to Global Health
- NUR 436 Understanding Nursing Theory
- NUR 438 Our Image: The Image of Nursing
- NUR 440 Service Learning
- NUR 442 Understanding Health Care Policy
To view the curriculum plans, please click on the links below:
The Online Center offers start dates in Term 1 Fall, Term 3 January, and Term 5 May:
CEP programs have a unique, blended curriculum plan. Please refer to specific partner
locations for current plans.