General/Parent Information


Where can I send mail to my student? 

The student mailroom is located in the Student Center. Residents will receive their mailbox keys. Commuting students may request a mailbox assignment. Students can receive packages and regular mail at the following addresses (all mail will be delivered to the mailroom):

For US postal mail please send to: 
Student Name
P.O. Box 1857
Fayette, IA 52142        

For Packages please send to:
Student Name
605 Washington St. 
Fayette, IA 52142       

NOTE: Please do not use nicknames. 


Where can my student open a bank account, cash checks, or get money wired? 

There is a bank located in Fayette on Main Street called, First State Bank, which is within walking distance from the campus. Several banks are also available in West Union and Oelwein. 

 Shopping Card

Where can my student buy food, go shopping, etc.?

Fayette has a Dollar General within walking distance from the campus. They offer a few basic dry goods, along with milk, eggs, cheese, etc. West Union and Oelwein also have a variety of grocery stores and small shopping stores. Students are able to sign up in Student Life for weekend shuttle service to shopping malls. The mall trip schedule rotates between Waterloo and Dubuque. 

 Campus Dining

Where can my student rent a loft, microfridge, or purchase linens? 

We understand that many of our students are not from nearby areas and need the option to rent lofts, microfridges and linens. Please click on the links below for more information on what's available to students.


Where can my student buy text books? 

Text books can be ordered online. Students have the opportunity to sell back their books at the end of each semester.  How to order textbooks

 Campus Dining

What if my student has special dietary needs?

Our food service provider understands the dietary restrictions of students and hosts a variety of entrées and side dishes that should suite almost any dietary need. To see their menu please click here


What should my student do if they are ill?

If your student is seriously ill, please have them contact all of their instructors and encourage them to see a doctor. Usually, if a student can provide a doctor’s note, instructors are willing to work with the student. The Office of Student Development can set up appointments for students. Each student is required to purchase the student health insurance plan if they do not already have one. Sick students are not to eat in the cafeteria. 

 Question Mark

Who can I call if I have a residence life oriented complaint?

If your student has issues or complaints we first encourage that they attempt a solution on their own or talk with their RA. However, if the issues cannot be resolved and further action needs to be taken, please feel free to contact the individuals below:

  • If your student lives in Garbee Hall, Lee Towers, or Hofmaster Apartments please contact Jean Merkle.
  • If your student lives in The Suites please contact Jordan Hay.