Instant Scholarship of up to $19,820 for Transfer Students! Confirm Your Eligibility

Request Information

Incident Reporting/Sex Offender Notification 

Fayette Campus Incident Reporting 

This can be done immediately following the incident by calling the Fayette Police Department (425-3500), Director of the Counseling Center (5208) or Director of Residence Life (5765). If you decide at a later date to report an incident that recently took place, you can contact the Director of the Counseling Center (5208).

The reasons for reporting to the University are: (1) to protect yourself and others from future victimization; (2) to apprehend the assailant; and (3) to in some way seek justice for the wrong that has been done to you.

If you choose to report the incident to the Fayette Police Department, an officer(s) will take a statement from you regarding what happened. They will ask you to describe the assailant(s) (if you do not know them), or identify them if you do. They may ask questions about the scene of the crime, any witnesses and what happened before and after the incident. You may have a support person with you during the interview.

Anonymous Reporting

If you are assaulted and at this time do not want to pursue action within the University system or the local police department, you may still want to consider making an anonymous report. With your permission, the Dean of Student Development or the Senior Vice President for Residential University can file a report of the incident without revealing your identity.

The purpose of an anonymous report is to comply with your wish to keep the matter confidential, while taking steps to ensure future safety for yourself and others. With such information, the University can keep accurate records about the number of incidents involving students or employees, determine whether there is a pattern of assaults with regard to a particular location, method or assailant, and alert the campus community to potential danger.

Sex Offender Notification 

Colleges and Universities are now required to inform students and employees of where they can learn of individuals who have been convicted of sex crimes. If you are interested in information, you can visit the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department on Highway 150 just south of West Union. You must appear in person and make the request in writing. There is also an online registry of those convicted of sex crimes. It only contains those individuals labeled at risk to re-offend, not everyone convicted of a sex crime. At www.iowasexoffenders.com