About Upper Iowa University
Internship Program Development
Do you have an internship program? Are you looking to start one? The following resources are designed to help you provide effective educational experiences that align with national standards and Upper Iowa University internship guidelines.
What exactly is an internship?
National Association of Colleges & Employers (NACE), in its 2011 position statement, recommends an internship be defined as: “A form of experiential learning that integrates knowledge and theory learned in the classroom with practical application and skills development in a professional setting. Internships give students the opportunity to gain valuable applied experience and make connections in professional fields they are considering for career paths; and give employers the opportunity to guide and evaluate talent.”
- Intern Bridge - For Employers
- Internships.com - For Employers
- The Successful Internship: Transformation & Empowerment in Experiential Learning
If you have any questions, or if you’d like additional information, please contact Career Development: 563-425-5208.
Professional Affiliations & Principles for Professional Practice
- National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE)
- Midwest Association of Colleges and Employers (Midwest ACE, a regional ACE group)
- National Career Development Association (NCDA)
- Wisconsin Association of Colleges and Employers (WI-ACE, a regional ACE group)
- Career Professionals of Iowa (CPI)
Hiring International Students
UIU has an international education center located in Hong Kong. UIU offers undergraduate programs in business, communication and psychology to learners in Hong Kong; moreover, on the UIU Fayette campus, more than 125 international students from many countries throughout the world attend classes full-time.