A Partner with Parents
An integral element of each individual's career process is the family. We are glad you are here to learn about the opportunities and resources available to you as a parent of an Upper Iowa University student. If your student is asking questions about choosing a major, searching for an internship or job, or considering graduate school, encourage them to visit the Office of Career Development.
Become an active “career development” parent:
- Post internship and job listings in our Peacock Career Portal
- Participate as a professional in career events (e.g. mock interviews, etiquette dinner, informational interviews and job shadows)
- Read the monthly Career Development blog
- Contact Upper Iowa University to learn more about resources for parents
Encourage your student to:
- Get involved in career events such as internship/job fairs, practice interview days, and resume workshops
- Utilize our free skill assessment program, FOCUS
- Seek out jobs and internship opportunities posted via our Peacock Career Portal
- Create a resume or cover letter using our free online program, Peacock Career Portal
- Regularly visit our pages on Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Twitter to remain informed
- Stop by our office and meet with a staff member to talk about career-related topics or discuss strategies
Career Development Graduate Employment Survey
Stay tuned for the Class of 2014-2015 survey.
The Office of Career Development conducts an annual survey of the previous year's graduating class to determine the career and employment status of new graduates. The results for last year's graduating class are currently being compiled. For any specific requests, please contact the Office of Career Development at (563) 425-5229.
Career Development Resources:
Career Advising Network
|FOCUS Online Assessment
Assess your values, interests and experience. Compare career options and find additional information. Password protected; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request access.
|Peacock Career Portal
Search internship or job opportunities posted by employers and connect with recruiters that are targeting UIU students and alumni.