UIU ALERT: Wednesday, June 19 - The Fort Polk Center will close at 2 p.m. Fort Polk psychology courses are canceled.
WelcomeYour career journey is a work in progress and often involves change and flexibility. The goal of the UIU Office of Career Development is to help you keep moving in the right direction toward a successful future. The Office of Career Development will assist you in a variety of career services, which are provided to current students and alumni free of charge.
Office of Career Development Mission Statement
The Office of Career Development provides student-centered career-related assistance and programs through flexible and multiple delivery systems: general career guidance, choosing a major, resume/cover letter advice, internship and job search, interview preparation, professional networking & branding, applying to graduate school, and more. Students are encouraged to:
- Accept responsibility for their own career needs and direction.
- Gain familiarity with the world of work.
- Pursue professional and career goals with both an ethical approach and self-knowledge.
- Learn to adapt to and thrive in an ever-changing job market.
- Utilize technology/social media (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Skype, E-Portfolios).
Quick Glance at some of our Resources
Student Professional Development Day Videos
|Upper Iowa University Career Development|
|Upper Iowa University Office of Career Development|
|UIU Office of Career Development|