Location: Liberal Arts Building, Room 127
At the Writing Center, peer Writing Consultants are trained to work with you at any stage of the writing process. Our goal is for you to leave a more effective, informed, and independent writer. Our services include assistance with:
- Brainstorming & exploring ideas
- Outlining and drafting
- Research strategies
- Thesis & keywords
- Avoiding plagiarism
- Recognizing patterns of grammatical error
- Organization and structure
- Formatting & citation styles (MLA, APA, AP, Chicago)
- Understanding assignments & criteria
- Writing across various fields of study
- Test-taking strategies (GRE, CBASE, & more)
Email Tutoring assistance available from 8:00am - 5:00pm on business days throughout
the summer. Visit our Online Services page or email WCEmailTutoring@uiu.edu for more details.
In-person appointments available upon request. Email Writing Center Director Mary Reding email@example.com to schedule.
For more information feel free to contact the Writing Center Director, Mary Reding.