2019-20 Gallery schedule released
FAYETTE, Iowa (August 13, 2019 ) – The 2019-19 Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery schedule opens Monday, August 26, with the featured works of Upper Iowa University (UIU) art studio students. A closing reception for the 200/300 Studio Arts exhibit will be held from 4-6 p.m. Thursday, September 19. The exhibitwill be the first of seven scheduled art events showcased at the Gallery in 2019-20.
The opening exhibit includes sculptures, ceramics, paintings, intermediate drawings and printmaking projects created in the 200 and 300-level art studio courses at UIU’s Fayette Campus during the 2018-19 academic school year. A selection of Art & Architecture in Italy student photos will also be on display.
“Last spring associate professor of art Elissa Wenthe and I felt our students had compiled a very strong collection of work,” UIU assistant professor of art Laura Gleissner said. “We asked the students to leave their work with us over the summer to showcase it in the opening show this fall. Many of these same students are getting set to graduate at the end of this year and will be preparing cohesive bodies of work to exhibit in their senior thesis exhibition in April or May.”
The complete 2019-20 Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery artist schedule is as follows:
- August 26 - September 20: 200/300 Studio Arts, closing reception, 4-6 p.m. Thursday, September 19
- October 3 - November 1: Leslie Barrow, artist talk and reception, noon - 1:30 p.m. Friday, November 1
- November 11 – December 13: Russ Nordman, artist talk and reception, noon - 1:30 p.m. Friday, December 13.
- January 13 – February 21: Jody Boyer, artist talk and reception, noon - 1:30 p.m. Friday, February 21
- March 21 – April 1: Jennifer Bates, artist talk and reception, 3:30 - 6 p.m. Wednesday, April 1
- April 6 – April 17 and April 27 – May 9: UIU Senior Theses, receptions TBD
Additional information about the artists and their respective exhibits will be announced at a later date.
Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery is located in Edgar Fine Arts Hall at Upper Iowa University’s Fayette Campus. The gallery is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
About Upper Iowa University Founded in 1857, Upper Iowa University is a private, nonprofit university providing undergraduate and graduate degree programs to about 5,200 students–nationally and internationally–at its Fayette campus, 21 U.S. locations, as well as a location in Hong Kong. Upper Iowa University is a recognized innovator in offering accredited, quality programs through flexible, multiple delivery systems, including online and self-paced degree program. With a focus on developing leaders and lifelong learners, UIU provides dual enrollment programs for high school students as well as continuing education and professional development opportunities for learners of any age. For more information, visit uiu.edu.