UIU seeks 'Volga River Review' entries
FAYETTE, Iowa (December 15, 2017) – Upper Iowa University students, faculty, staff and alumni are invited to provide creative writing submissions to Upper Iowa’s literary journal, “Volga River Review.” All styles of writing are welcome, from traditional to experimental. Past contributors are welcome to participate again. To submit a poem, short story or creative essay for print, follow these guidelines:
- Entries are required to be submitted/attached as a doc. or pdf.
- Submit entries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include “VRR2018" in the subject line.
- Submissions may include one to three poems or up to 3,000 words of prose (fiction or creative non-fiction).
- The document should include your name, email address, mailing address, word count of the literary submission, and a bio of no longer than 200 words.
- For full consideration, please submit by midnight on Wednesday, January 31, 2018.
All contributors will be mailed a copy of the issue in which their work appears. The journal will launch in April 2018.
About Upper Iowa University Founded in 1857, Upper Iowa University is a private, nonprofit university providing undergraduate and graduate degree programs to about 5,800 students–nationally and internationally–at its Fayette campus, 21 U.S. locations, as well as a location in Hong Kong. Upper Iowa University is a recognized innovator in offering accredited, quality programs through flexible, multiple delivery systems, including online and self-paced degree program. With a focus on developing leaders and lifelong learners, UIU provides dual enrollment programs for high school students as well as continuing education and professional development opportunities for learners of any age. For more information, visit uiu.edu.