UIU ALERT: Friday, Oct. 19 - The UIU Fort Hood course location is closed until Monday. Students requiring assistance should phone the Fort Sill Center 580-595-9338.
Upper Iowa University recognizes dedicated faculty and staff
President William R. Duffy joined a few of the honorees in proudly displaying “Feathers Up” for Upper Iowa University following the annual UIU Faculty and Staff Recognition Banquet on Friday. Pictured are (seated, l-r) Linda Figdore, Noel Graff, Holly Wolff, Kent McElvania, Doug McReynolds, Ron Crooker, Gina Kuker, Louise Scott, Melle Starsen; (standing) Mark Danker, Carol Jensen, Monte Graff, Andrew Wenthe, Gail Moorman Behrens, Katherine McCarville, Jeff Butikofer, Mark Levin, Joel Kunze, Patrick Mulhern, Janet Shepherd, Virginia Wangerin, Matt Cowley, President Duffy.
FAYETTE, Iowa (May 12, 2015) – Longtime faculty and staff were recognized for their dedicated service to Upper Iowa University on Friday, May 8. Receiving special acknowledgement during the annual UIU Service Awards and Recognition Banquet on the Fayette Campus was former administrator, current consultant, and longtime friend of the university, Ron Crooker.
Additional UIU faculty and staff members recognized for significant service anniversaries during the annual event were:
45 Years of Service
- Carol Orr, Fayette, associate director of library services
35 Years of Service
- Larry Bond, Fayette, director of maintenance;
- Doug McReynolds, Fayette, Bissell professor of English
30 Years of Service
- Kent McElvania, Fayette, associate director of athletics for compliance;
- Louise Scott, Fayette, dean of student development
25 Years of Service
- Mark Danker, Fayette, head baseball coach;
- Loras Even, self-paced, adjunct professor of business;
- Mary Jane Kaufman, Prairie du Chien, adjunct professor of English;
- Joel Kunze, Fayette, web services director/research specialist
20 Years of Service
- Gail Moorman Behrens, Fayette, dean of the Andres School of Education;
- W. Joyce Bowman, Waterloo, adjunct professor of business;
- Larry Herzog, Waterloo, adjunct professor of psychology;
- Richard Huntoon, Wausau, adjunct professor of business and math;
- Carol Jensen, self-paced, adjunct professor of business;
- Kurt Lettow, Des Moines, adjunct professor of business and MIS;
- Harold Macumber, Fort Riley, adjunct professor of psychology;
- Nadine Rhodes-Marsh, Fort Polk, adjunct professor of psychology;
- Lisa Nason, Prairie du Chien, adjunct professor of psychology.
An additional 116 UIU faculty/staff members were honored for achieving 5, 10, or 15 years of service to the university.
Other photos of the Upper Iowa University Faculty and Staff Recognition Banquet can be found at https://www.flickr.com/photos/upperiowauniversity/sets/72157652218700779.
About Upper Iowa University Founded in 1857, Upper Iowa University is a private, not-for-profit university providing undergraduate and graduate degree programs to about 5,800 students–nationally and internationally–at its Fayette campus, 20 U.S. education locations, as well as locations in Malaysia and Hong Kong. Upper Iowa University is a recognized innovator in offering accredited, quality programs through flexible, multiple delivery systems, including online and self-paced degree program. With a focus on developing leaders and lifelong learners, UIU provides dual enrollment programs for high school students as well as continuing education and professional development opportunities for learners of any age. For more information, visit uiu.edu.