Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery schedule released
The works of Iowa City artist Anita Jung will be among those featured at Upper Iowa University’s Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery on the Fayette Campus in 2015-2106.
FAYETTE, Iowa (Aug. 3, 2015) – Each of the artists scheduled to exhibit artworks at Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery on the Upper Iowa University Fayette Campus in 2015-2016 have ties to the Midwest and will provide observers with both inspirational and evocative installations to contemplate.
“We have a very exciting gallery schedule for this upcoming year at Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery,” said Elissa Wenthe, UIU associate professor of art, while releasing the upcoming schedule. “We will have works that are not only traditional in nature and capture the beauty of northeast Iowa, but will also cause visitors to closely ponder the submitted artworks. The participating artists will push the envelope when it comes to infusing their ideology, and relationships to contemporary design into their paintings and sculptures.”
The 2015-2016 Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery artists schedule is as follows:
- Aug. 27-Sept. 25 – David Prehm, New Hampton, Iowa, reception 3:30-5 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 27.
- Oct. 1-Oct. 30 – Various artists, Homecoming reception 2:30-4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 10.
- Nov. 5-Dec. 18 – Dawn Gettler, Peoria, Ill., reception 3:30-5 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 5.
- Jan. 14-Feb. 12 – Matt Williamsen, Mankato, Minn., reception 3:30-5 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 14.
- Feb. 18-March 25 – Anita Jung, Iowa City, Iowa, reception 3:30-5 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 18.
- March 31-April 15 – Laura Colby, visiting art faculty at UIU; reception 3:30-5 p.m. Thursday, March 31.
- April 21-May 7 – Elizabeth Roniker, Becky Althouse, Becky Carpenter, senior thesis exhibitions; reception TBA.
Bing-Davis Memorial Gallery is located in the Edgar Fine Arts Hall on the Upper Iowa University Fayette Campus. The gallery is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
About Upper Iowa University Founded in 1857, Upper Iowa University is a private, not-for-profit university providing undergraduate and graduate degree programs to about 5,800 students–nationally and internationally–at its Fayette campus, 21 U.S. locations, as well as locations in Malaysia and Hong Kong. Upper Iowa University is a recognized innovator in offering accredited, quality programs through flexible, multiple delivery systems, including online and self-paced degree program. With a focus on developing leaders and lifelong learners, UIU provides dual enrollment programs for high school students as well as continuing education and professional development opportunities for learners of any age. For more information, visit uiu.edu.