UIU ALERT: Friday, May 18 - The Alexandria Center is closed. Students may call the Baton Rouge office if they need assistance at 225-923-2331.
There's so much to consider when it comes to getting ready for college: where to go, what to study, how to apply, how to pay for it all and, most importantly, how to make the most out of your education and money.
Take control of your finances by:
- Creating a budget
- Understanding your loan repayment options
- Estimating your monthly payments for your loan
- Keeping track of how much money you owe
- Staying updated with your credit reports
Student Financial Services wants to empower our students with financial literacy so that anyone who uses financial aid will be able to understand and develop debt management skills.
For more information about financial literacy, visit:
- Preparing for College – A list of steps prepared by Federal Student Aid to help you start your milestone in higher education.
- Disputing a Federal Student Loan – Information about how to contact the Federal Student Aid (FSA) Ombudsman Group of the U.S. Department of Education (ED) if you are not satisfied with your loan dispute resolution.
Define your finances. Define your future.
Upper Iowa University’s CashCourse® website which is provided by NEFE. This is an innovative site which provides you with helpful budgeting and planning tools. CashCourse® will help you learn about many of the financial skills you need to have in order to succeed. The information found here will help you make informed financial decisions throughout your college years and into your professional life.
CashCourse is a free non-biased interactive financial literacy resource that is available 24/7 to all UIU students.
CashCourse provides dynamic content that cultivates optimal money management skills for college students in areas such as:
- Paying for College
- Setting Financial Goals
- Eating Healthy on a Budget
- Protecting your Credit
- Understanding Paycheck Deductions
- Preventing Overspending
- Understanding Insurance
- Preparing Tax Returns
Go to www.cashcourse.org and create your free account and get started today!