Skip to content

Ready For More?

Request more info now.

Multiple associate and bachelor programs to pursue your educational goals

$90 tuition grant off of any self-paced course through partnership

UIU offers courses that start each month. Students can take up to six months to finish their course.

Benefits Available to Youth Opportunity Foundation Participants:

  • Free Online Application
  • Delayed Payment Contract – The only out-of-pocket cost students have is textbooks, enabling them to start their educational requirements without a financial burden.
  • Generous Credit Transfer – At UIU, students can transfer up to 78 credits from an accredited two-year college or up to 90 credits from a four-year institution toward a bachelor’s program and up to 12 transfer credits toward a master’s degree.
  • Tuition Grant – We offer students a $90 grant per course for all self-paced courses.
  • One-on-One Advising – Each student is assigned a highly qualified advisor who works closely with them on their individual educational goals from enrollment to completion of their coursework. Advisors are easily accessible via phone and email.
  • Many Major and Program Offerings – UIU offers associate and bachelor programs. UIU faculty are experts in their fields. They combine extensive experience and knowledge with a comfortable and supportive learning environment to foster student success.
  • Student Support Services – UIU offers a wide range of support resources, including free online library services, free online tutoring, UIU bookstore, career services, disability services, military and veteran services, and financial aid for degree-seeking students.

Points of Contact

Youth Opportunity Foundation

Upper Iowa University

Denny Armington

President | Youth Opportunity Foundation

12775 Horseferry Road, Suite 200

Carmel, Indiana   46032

317/564-4881 office

[email protected]

Aimee Byerly

Admissions Counselor | Upper Iowa University

P.O. Box 1857

Fayette, IA  52142

Ph: 563-425-5385

[email protected]


First-time, transfer, online, international and military students: No matter your path or previous experience, we’ll help you every step of the way.

Student Support Services

Take advantage of the student support services and resources available.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

How do I apply?

The free application can be found online at or by requesting a paper application to be submitted through mail.

Once you fill out your application, you can start requesting all official transcripts. For transcripts to be official, they must come directly from the institution attended to Upper Iowa University PO Box 1857, Fayette, IA 52142 or E-script to [email protected] . Each institution is different so you will need to contact the school you attended to obtain information on how to order them. We will need all official transcripts in order to review your file for acceptance to the university.

How do the Paper-Based Self-Paced courses work?

The Self-Paced program consists of a six-month enrollment period.  This type of class is one-on-one between you and the instructor.  With paper-based, assignments are postage mailed, emailed, or faxed to the instructor.  Exams are conducted through a proctor.

A student should begin work on the course immediately upon enrollment and begin submitting lessons for grading and evaluation on a regular basis. If no course work has been received by the instructor within the first 60 days, the student will be administratively withdrawn from the course.

What programs are available through the self-paced program?

DegreeSelf-Paced, paper
Associate of ArtsGeneral Business
Associate of ArtsLiberal Arts
Bachelor of ScienceBusiness Administration-General Emphasis
Bachelor of ScienceSocial Science

Who can Proctor my exams?

Paper-based courses require proctored exams which are completed in a proctored environment.  The student is responsible for securing an approved proctor and paying any fees that may be included in the service. Qualified proctors include:

  • School Principals
  • Superintendents
  • Guidance counselors
  • Full time school or public librarians
  • Testing centers at accredited community college/college/universities
  • Embassy officials
  • Military education officers or test control officers
  • Company Education Directors, Directors of Training and Development or Human Resource Directors (learner must be employed by the company)
  • Professional testing centers such as Sylvan, etc.
  • UIU Center staff
  • Training Officer (for law enforcement/fire rescue workers)